Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2005, 02:06 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Montana Big Sky

Spoke to a Montana District Sales manager who said that the Montana Big Sky is no longer in production.He said demand had dropped and most if not all of the features are now incorporated in the "moving to Montana Package"

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 02:41 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
This is pretty much the same story given to us at the RV Show in Tampa.
There is one thing that was only available in the Big Sky that I hope they incorporate into the Montana. That was the paint/graphics on the exterior. I liked the two tone and hope that they would make it available as an option.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 05:37 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'd like to see a full paint option.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 06:48 AM   #4
sgf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #680
Went to the MD rv show yesterday and the montana dealer there had a new Cambridge, this is the replacement unit for the now dis-continued Big Sky,the keystone rep. said they same thing thing, the big sky and the montana were so close and sales had dropped for the big sky that keystone decided to go to a more up-scale full-time unit to compete with teton, mobile suites, carriage,etc.They did tell us the unit is guranteed to 0 degrees outside temp. While the unit itself was impressive,really liked the utility area outside, when comparing it to the big boys it,imo was still lacking.When is keystone gonna learn to put heavier axles on their units, that was a major disappointment on this cambridge.
sgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #5
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
sgf -

Did the Cambridge have the Dexter axles like the new Montanas or did they have something else?

Also, Steve, what is a "full paint" option? I never heard of that before and want to increase my knowledgebase.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:17 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
The Cambridge is running on Dexter 7,000-lbs Nev R Lube axles. We have two Big Sky's on my dealers lot with the two tone paint options. I am with Glenn on this one, would like to see that option on the Montana's.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:09 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Good info on the Cambridge..did you happen to catch the MSVRP on the unit.. We do have contact with a district sales manager for Montana and Mountaineer..will give him a E mail for more info....
Old 02-21-2005, 03:09 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
More information on the "Cambridge" E mail reply from Montana District sales Rep..keystone does NOT consider the Cambridge as a replacement for the former 'Big Sky" as it is a entirely new Concept. It has only two floor plans now with more to come. The price is About 15,000.00 more than the former Big Sky....a bit pricey..You can get infor by E mail to
krolm@keystonerv.com.
I will take a look..It will have to be OUTSTANDING for those kind of $.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:37 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rich, the dealer in Tampa had two Cambridge's. The salesman showed me his list. MSRP on both was 81,xxx. Also, Rich, we were told the same as you by Coleman Davis, at the Tampa show. Also, the Montana division will not handle the Cambridge.

Ron, full paint is where the entire body is painted, other than the roof. Like the nicer class A motorhomes you see. I've seen a few fifthwheels with full paint. Mountainaire is one. I think the actual term is 'full body paint' but 'full paint' seems to be what I hear most frequently.

The top of this picture is cut off but I think it will illustrate full paint.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:57 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Hummmm..MSVRP about 80,0000..that means you can get one for about 60, 65,00000..that is pricey for a fifth wheel.It would have to have a lot of goodies like better axles . Electo/Hydraulic Disc brakes...Air ride suspension system. I would pay extra for those goodies but if its eye candy...never mind....
Old 02-21-2005, 09:01 AM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
The Cambridge will run with Mor/Ryde RE suspension, has height adjusting HD greaseable shackles w/ brass bushings, brakes are 12x 3 3/8" HD self-adjusting. You can also get the Mor/Ryde hitch pin as well. Wheels are HD 8-lug chrome. Keystone is calling the paint job "automotive exterior paint and graphics". That is also after you get the High-gloss gel coat walls and front and rear caps.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:22 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We will have to find a Cambridge and take a look..In my opinion most Rv's are lacking in proper axel weights , suspension systems and Brakes. If you drive one long enough you know how important those items are.