Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2005, 02:01 PM   #21
jayers
Established Member

M.O.C. #2876
Ed and Sue

We face towards the bedroom here is a pic of the closet

John and Peggy

http://tinypic.com/1pjom0

jayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #22
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Your closet is the way it should be. Do you have the eletric and water for the washer dryer or did your picture just not go high enough? Your toilet design provides for more open storage area in the basement so I can see why they made that change. Our toilet drains are in the middle. What kind of door do you have on the wash dryer closet? Ours is wood, louvered, bi-fold.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #23
jayers
Established Member

M.O.C. #2876
Sue

Yes we have electric and water did not go up high enough also there ar two wire racks on the wall. We have the same door as you here is a picture of the bath

http://tinypic.com/1p9w10
jayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #24
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Yes we have the racks also. And a closet rod to hand clothes on. Your sink and dresser are the same as ours but you don't have the accordion folding privacy curtain, do you? It is just the toilet that they changed I guess. We do like our Splendide combo. You have to use liquid fabric softener and it makes the whole place smell nice.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #25
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
We have a 2005 3400RL and had our RV dealership install the Splendide Combo the same unit some others have and have used it a few times and Carole loves it. I like it because it is compact enough to allow usage of the remainder of the closet for hanging coats and or other storage. We would certainly miss this feature if we had decided to choose a stackable unit, which as some have said have advantages also.
Just our 2 cents.
cargary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:26 AM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Gary and Carole could you take some pictures of how your basement looks with the washer installed. Do you see the bottom of the machine in the basement? Or was yours already to go like jayers was. We like the machine but are concerned about the basement now opened into this closet.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #27
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
Sue and Ed:
We'd love to but unfortunately our 5er is in winter storage at this time about 60 miles from home. The dealership had to remove the lower portion of the closet to accomodate the combo. The combo does sit partially in the basement area but is not objectionable to us. It would obviously look better if it (the closet) was built out into the basement and that portion was covered with the same material as the rest of the basement is. In other words, it was made to be like that. But to us its not an issue, because afterall, it is the basement where things are stored. We wish we could provide you with a picture so you could see how it actually looks, but can't at this time.
Hope this helps.
Gary & Carole
Old 02-11-2005, 04:51 PM   #28
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Thanks Gary and Carole
Since we are partially full timing and it get cold at night here, we are concerned about the cold air coming in around the washer/dryer. At least your dealer didn't have a secret from Keystone that we think there might be. Where did you vent it?
Old 02-12-2005, 03:56 AM   #29
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I thought I read somewhere about taking that bottom corner box out, then turning it over and putting it back in. Does that look/sound like something workable to maintain the seal and provide the installation room?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:35 AM   #30
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
That was me that said that because that was what our walk through tech said. But that didn't work because of the way the box was made. You wouldn't be able to get the machine in. Plus the "box" has only a top and front. When it comes out not only is the whole back and bottom open but the sides as well and the box would not have covered the sides. I still believe Keystone should finish this closet if the plumbing is installed. If as the service rep said only 10% of people install washer/dryer then they should only put the plumbing in 10% of the units or as ordered.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:27 AM   #31
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sounds like an oops for Keystone. I agree the closet should be set up to be workable with w/d when the w/d prep is installed. this would be a good item for the 'what i would tell keystone if' forum, if you want to make that suggestion there.
Old 02-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #32
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
Sue and Ed:
The dealership vented it through the outside wall of the closet. The vent is very simuliar to those we have at our stick built homes - that is, the type that has flappers that open when air is being blown out. It seems to work very well.
As for the cold temps, if you do like we did, is it possible for you to place a 100 watt light bulb in the basement area to take the chill off?
Good luck with Yours.
Gary & Carole
Old 02-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #33
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Steve,
I did post a What I'd Like to Tell Keystone but I have not checked to see if it is there. Do they really read these posts?
Old 02-13-2005, 05:11 AM   #34
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue and Ed, absolutely they do. Jeff Rank, Coleman Davis, and Vicki and I just recently had a discussion about a couple of those items while at the Tampa RV Show. Plus, a year or so ago I got an email from a Keystone rep with questions for further info on one of the things I posted there (about inability to reach the water pump switch with slides in on the early 2003 3295RK). After an exchange of emails they moved that switch on the 3295rk to a location accessible with slides in.

Also, they told us many of the changes in the late '03 models were because of the suggestions on this forum. That included a deeper main closet so the hangers don't catch, a flat floor in the bedroom/bath area, more room around the bed to make it easier to make, wider stance on the landing gear for more stability, etc.

And, also at the Tampa show last month they told me because of the discussions on MOC about water lines freezing in the belly despite the furnace vent when the temps are in the low teens and below, they moved the water lines up between the floor rails, just below the flooring, and no longer lying on the frame.

So, yes, I am totally convinced they listen. Nice, isn't it? But, you won't find them responding on MOC.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:38 AM   #35
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We totally agree with Steve. While at the Minneapolis show on Friday, ordering our New 3475, we met Jeff Rank and not only answered all of our questions but brought us over to different models and asked our opinion on colors, fabrics etc. Like he said,"We are willing to make the changes that all of you want but some of these changes are very costly and how much more are you willing to spend for these changes?" One of the first things all of us agree on is that the Montana gives us a lot for the bucks and the bottom line is still quite a bit under the more costly units. They really can't go too much further and not get in the higher category.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote