Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #1
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Shy Montana Owners?

Hey everyone out there, who thinks they have nothing good to say or maybe feel like staying in the background. We understand! Believe me, we do. We were like that once. Once you post you will love it!
Don't be shy, you have something valuable to offer and we would love to hear from you! It is just wonderful to hear from so many knowlegable people. Perhaps you have a great recipe or maybe you are mechanically inclined. We would also like to hear about your experiences good and bad. Whatever your talent is, we would love to hear from you!!! If you have questions, someone will have an answer!

TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Ditto that comment Al and Nita, there are a lot of really SMART and TALENTED people out the in MOC land that rarely post. (they have to be smart and talented, they bought a Montana, eh???)

For sure they have had great experiences and hints they could share and enhance the MOC experience for all.

BRING EM ON FOLKS!!
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:07 AM   #3
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I agree... If they let me on here... Well let's just say that everyone should be encouraged. Surely you can come up with something more intelligent than what I post on here. I should give you all hope.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:02 PM   #4
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
And everyone remember when thing slow down with the post, you can look at the links

RV Related Links,
http://www.montanaowners.com/RVRelatedLinks.html

MOC Member's Personal Sites
http://www.montanaowners.com/membersites.html

Just the links can keep you busy for a month of Sundays.
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #5
Gonfishin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3604
Ummm Dave, That reminds me did you send in your payment so you could post on this site? I heard thats the only way they would let you in.
(LOL) Just Kidding!
Rick.
P.S I sent my payment in already...lol
Gonfishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:29 AM   #6
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Sometimes I feel like people don't like to hear what I have to say.

Sometimes I feel like there is information that needs to be posted.

But I, mostly just read, and keep my two cents in the piggy bank.

Its good to take the information that is available here and put it to good use.

Thanks to everyone, for your questions and answers. You have been a source of knowledge for me.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:40 AM   #7
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Chris,

Please post your information and feelings and thoughts, even if you feel that way. It is important enough, we do want to hear it.

Story in point: At the first Rally, we had a show and tell, some people did not think that their little improvement was anything special, not big enough, not important enough. WRONG!!!!!!!!! One of those little improvements I happened to see, and it was NOT SO LITTLE!! Well, it was little in the physical description, but I had never heard of the product, and it struck me that this was a great improvement, Which we now have on our unit as well. The owner of that rig was shocked that I thought that one little improvement was worth sharing!

So, see, it is important.

Every little hint helps, everyones opinion is IMPORTANT!!!

Another case in point, a bit off the RVIng subject, but anyway: I do family research, I have been hunting for the parents of a lady born 1831 in Virginia. Been looking for close to 15 years. Posted stuff all over the internet, looked at so much microfilm my eyes glaze over, looked at the film some more and some more and posted back on the internet. Yesterday a lady contacted me and says, I have this Bible, a prayer Bible, with an inscription, and I think that this MA Darden is your lady! She has the ONE SMALL piece of a puzzle, the piece I NEED!!!

Every small piece is valuable. Please reconsider and share more, we love to hear even the small stuff!

Cheers and Happy Camping

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:29 AM   #8
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Chris,

Carol is right - something you post might just give someone else the answer they need, or encouragement to do something. We participated in show and tell at one of the rallies, even though we didn't think what we had done was very impressive, but people liked our chanages. Two people who came into our Montana saw two different things, not our improvements, that they got inspiration from to "improve" their units. So join in the discussions, ask questions, enjoy.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #9
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Good points and another - share your goofs and mistakes as well. We've all made them and we all learn from each other. We had a whole thread going for a while on the goofs we've made. If you do this RVing long enough you are going to goof at least once. It may be small, it may be large but it will be there. You tell us, we feel your pain, hopefully we won't make the same mistake.
Happy trails.................................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:05 AM   #10
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Can't remember the thread at the moment, but Mac posted that he had no comment and then realized that that was a comment. Too funny.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:48 PM   #11
Longwell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5192
Hi. I can't wait until we have a Montana to talk about (less than 5 years now). In the meantime I learn a lot from all the posts. I have posted comments on pest control (I work for Terminix), on the forum (the dealer ratings idea), and on computer usage and links. I welcome new members when I'm on the system (less in the summer, more in the winter) and respond to many other items. I post in the areas of "campground talk" with jokes, etc.
I also ask a LOT of questions, and get many friendly, great, and useful replies.
SO - if I can do all that, I say that you Montana owners who are shy are missing an opportunity here.
(Not an owner yet, but doing what I can.)
Larry
Longwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:33 PM   #12
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Larry,

You're a pest controller for Terminix!

I missed your previous comments about that, I'm afraid. So if you will allow me, I have a question.

We're in the middle of ant territory, (southeastern Alabama,) for what may have been too long, now. I'd been spraying Black Flag all around anywhere the ants might try to climb into the rig. Thought I had everything covered.

One day, my wife found teeny-weeny ants attacking some baked goods on the counter. We tossed those things, and looked all over for where they might have been coming in. I figured with so many ants, there'd have to be some evidence of a trail, or something, outside the trailer. Never found a thing, though. Once in a while, I did see a few ants on the side of the rig, so I kept spraying. Even used Comet Cleanser around the rig, and sprayed all the cables. Put ant traps on the counter.

Found ants all over something in one of the cupboards.

Could some flying queen ant have managed to fly in and nest in here?

Is there something you would suggest to kill them all?

While I hate having all the dang plastic containers for everything they might try to eat, (they even went nuts with my wife's English Muffin bread,) we've been using them for everything, and I still see an ant from time to time.

Anything you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

P.S.

Is that Utah, or Arizona, in your sig?

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #13
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
A little trick I learned is to put puppy flea collers around the landing legs and in all outer open covers (heater hot water etc.) and around the axles anywhere they can crawl up into the coach and have had great luck might help you too they last about three months and I replace them no ants or earwigs so far give it a try lol
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:43 PM   #14
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
That might be a nice way to cover the round things, like cables and hoses. The things that Comet Cleanser and even ant spray is difficult to use on.

But I'll have to check to see what all those would cost. Might tend to be a little cost prohibitive, wouldn’t you think?

I wonder if puppy sized collars would fit the stabilizers....

Thanks!
Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote