Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2006, 04:19 AM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Everest owners forum

Keystone/ Everest owners have established a forum
www.everest-owners.com They have been recognized by Keystone and communications established. Lets hope thay can get to the membership level of the Montana owners forum. It is encouraging that Keystone supports these kinds of forums.That means they WANT to hear from the owners. Two large forums can be a significant source of information to Keystone about the product.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:34 AM   #2
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
That will be nice for the owners of Everest..That is good Keystone does this!! More the greater!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:05 AM   #3
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Hopefully the people there will find just as strong of a community as we have here!

Hmmmm…I just noticed that under Everest information that the blurb reads that since Keystone has discontinued production of the Cambridge, that leaves the Everest at the company’s top line. IS it considered to be higher end than the Montana?
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:49 AM   #4
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I just read that about the Everest being the top of the line also. I read on this forum that someone had gone to a RV show and saw what they did with all the leftover stuff from the Cambridge. I guess they are putting it all in the Everest now. So who knows....I still love my Monty better!!!LOL...
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:46 AM   #5
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I noticed the Everest does have some of the features from the Cambridge. The recessed lighting, wall paint, and front closet to name just a few. In my opinion, the Montana is above the Everest in quality, features and resale value. But that is my opinion... Maybe Keystone will take the larger TV and surround sound system from the Cambridge and start putting that to use in the Montana, along with the Mor-ryde kingpin from the Cambridge. And Keystone if you are listening, I would like to see the full body paint job from the Cambridge become an option on the Montana.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:33 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I think Keystone sort of spread the Cambridge features around between the two. Our local Camping world has a freedom roads dealer attached who handles the Everest and we took a very good look at the Everest 344J which is very similar to
the 3400RL. The quote we got for the Everest was just a couple of hundred more than the quote for the 3400RL (but not from the dealer we got the 3400 from) we liked some things about the floor plan better in the 3400. I have to admit that the Everest interior "looks" like it is of higher quality. We have heard that they both have the same operating budget but spend the money in different ways. Everest spends it in the interior. They are both keystone products and we can assume operate under the same organizational philosophy, use the same old world craftsmen , the same vendors , the plants are identical so It is doubtful that the quality is any better. IMHO it is a toss up. We think we got more for our $ with the Montana. Hope that group does well.It can help us all.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
The Everest site has a great photo feature. Great pictures.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Congrats to the Everest owners, the admin has a nice start for them.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Rich, A toss up between the Montana and the Everest is always the way I had heard it put, so their statement at Everest Owners was a bit of a shock to me. Still, from my point of view, anything better than what I have is pretty much icing on a cake and I like the slice I have.

That said, they have a beautiful site, and, Judy, you are correct—that picture gallery is nice. That state parks in Ohio—Hocking Hills and West Branch—look beautiful. Anyone ever been to either one?
Old 03-22-2006, 12:06 PM   #10
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Oh no! Does that mean I have to sign up for another forum?
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF2

Oh no! Does that mean I have to sign up for another forum?
You could help them over there.They will have the same problems with the slides. I am sure they would be happy to have you but don't don't forget where "home"is..
Old 03-22-2006, 12:16 PM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wordsmith

Rich, A toss up between the Montana and the Everest is always the way I had heard it put, so their statement at Everest Owners was a bit of a shock to me. Still, from my point of view, anything better than what I have is pretty much icing on a cake and I like the slice I have.

That said, they have a beautiful site, and, Judy, you are correct—that picture gallery is nice. That state parks in Ohio—Hocking Hills and West Branch—look beautiful. Anyone ever been to either one?
Yes been to both of them.more than once. They are not all that far from our driveway. Ohio has some beautiful State parks.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:16 PM   #13
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Just because the Everest boys say they are the best doesn't make it so.

I say the Montana is hands down THE BEST!

Let's take a vote. First to 10 votes wins.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #14
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Will I sleep better in an Everest or a Montana? Will my meals taste better in one or the other? How about moving from site to site? Will one do that better than the other? Is my Monty comfortable and beautifully appointed in my own eyes? Am I, not arrogant, but proud to be sitting beside my unit in the same camp ground parked next to an Everest? All of my personal answers to these and other like questions tell the question, "Which is Best," is extraordinarily moot.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:05 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I went over to their chat room and said hi.Two strong Keystone forums are better than one. It would not hurt to offer our good wishes and support.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:33 PM   #16
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Rich, you must be the person who talked to rufnit over at the Everest Owners forum; he mentioned that he had talked to someone from here. D and M on the Road and I actually joined their forum; they even changed the descriptor under our screen names to Montana Owner instead of Everest Owner. They seem like good people and hope that the two groups can get together for some common rallies.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes that was me.. They would like to do a rally with us and I personally think it is a great idea. Maybe we can work something out. Montana's, Challengers, Mountaineers and Everest all in one place..top shelf rally.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:14 PM   #18
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Best of luck to them. Better than Montana? don't know,,don't care, not trying to keep up with the Jones's. Very content with my Monty.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:00 AM   #19
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Yes that was me.. They would like to do a rally with us and I personally think it is a great idea. Maybe we can work something out. Montana's, Challengers, Mountaineers and Everest all in one place..top shelf rally.
Sounds like a good idea, especially if we could get one in the summer when Marsha and I could attend—you know, teaching and all!
Old 03-26-2006, 06:04 AM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
JD, I have on three occasions in three different venues asked three different Keystone execs how the Everest compares to the Montana, which is the "higher" brand. On all three occasions I got nearly identical answers --

The Everest and the Montana have nearly identical bottom line budgets. The difference is in how they spend that production money so they appeal to slightly different market segments. The Everest spends more on interior appointments, "eye candy". It does look nicer inside. Montana spends more on structural quality and function. For example, the Montana has attic vents to vent moisture. The Everest does not.

My take on that, then, is if you want the nicer interior and acceptable quality, then the Everest is a good choice. If you want the higher level of structural quality, such as if you plan to live in the rig more than weekends and vacations, then the Montana is the better choice.

Occasionally I hear an Everest owner say it is a step up from the Montana. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Everest dealers apparently use the nicer interior appointments to convince prospective buyers that the Everest is above the Montana. Usually I say nothing but if that owner rubs me the wrong way then I do tend to set the record straight. The attic vent comparison gives them something to check out quickly.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote