Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2006, 02:23 AM   #1
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
Calling all NC Monty owners...

Hi all of you NC or surrounding states Monty owners.
With over 50 NC owners why don't we get together and have our own rally sometimes in June, July or August? I think it would be great fun to meet each other. If interested, please PM or email me at ejc1214@triad.rr.com with dates and locations of proffered campgrounds. We can pick best date and campground that fits the most people. We can maybe pick a three day week-end in the spring of longer in suer months since kids will be out of school. I already have one person interested so lets do it! VA and SC or anyone on route to somewhere else welcome too if i the area.

ejc1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
ken
Montana Master

M.O.C. #345
Depending on the dates, we would be interested. Since we haven't camped in NC for years, WE leave the location up to the experts of NC. Just let us know when and where. WEre going to attend the GA Montana get together as were in Florida during that time.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #3
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
We would love to do it long as we can fit it in. We already have several trips planned this year thus far. Long weekend sounds good since we have kids that are still in school, and will be till June 5th.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
hey Ken and Rodney,
Thanks for the interest in the get together. Maybe we can meet somewhere south of Charlotte or near there? Any Ideas Rodney? Somewhere mid state would be good for all NC rvers so no matter which way they are coming in, they would not be more than 3hours away?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #5
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
What about Carowinds Campground they are opening it back up this year after two years of renovations. It's right off I77 South can even go to Carowinds during they day for folks that have kids. That's one option.
Another option if you want to camp near Marion not in mountains but in foothills is Hidden Valley RV Resort right off I40. I am trying to think of campgrounds that have things for kids being selfish maybe but we have kids and they go where we go, if they are bored makes camping a bear, and parks that have sites big enough for our type of rigs that are easy to get in and out of. There are other parks maybe mid state that I am not aware of but some that are that we have been too are not that great, too crowded and junky. There are some parks in Asheboro near the zoo that we have never been to that I don't know much about them. I have web site at home I will send out to you tonight that list all the camp grounds in NC by area, can look over that and go form there.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:34 AM   #6
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
Carowinds Campground sounds like a hit to me. I have been on tour in Zooland in Asheboro and that might be ok too. What about times? pick a three day week-end in April or May? Or you want to do it in March? I notice that you are going to Williamsburg, VA. We were going there this June or July to Bush Gardens and take Nicole there? Want company?? Let me know.

DW just informed me that last 3 day is in Feb. then spring break and Memorial Day. I guess regular week-end be ok too if we keep it under 3 hour trip. Meet up Friday for supper and then Saturday night? That sounds good for everybody? Maybe we can do week end before or week end after the southerneast get together? We could get more MOC members traveling there to stop by and meet up? That would be March 24th thru the 26th.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
CArowinds is about hour for me about 1 1/2 for you out of Greensboro. Never been to Zooland don't know much about it. My rig is still winterized. Send me PM to go over Williamsburg. April we are having couples weekend last weekend of April 28 29 I think, if you guys want to join us at KOA Cherokee, we do this every year get sitters for weekend and do couples thing with no screaming or arguing kids.Us ther Super Sites they are huge. How old are your kids, send me PM we can discuss.We are open to most any weekend as long as have time enough to work around my wifes hospital schedule. She works every other weekend at the ER as nurse. http://www.rv-clubs.us/northcarolina...mpgrounds.html this is link to lot of NC campgrounds.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #8
ejc1214
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5232
Hey all,
Just wanted to keep this post alive and catch a few NC rvers! LOL