Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2005, 04:11 PM   #21
Russ and Sandy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #561
Just another word of praise for the outstanding customer service I received from Fantastic Vent when our speed control failed on our fan. Let's just say that they took immediate action and 4 days later I had the new control and return authorization for the old one. Ours is a 3 year old Montana! Totally satisfied!

Russ and Sandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #22
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
wileecoyote985:
Ask for Larry next time and I'm sure you'll have different results.
Boy, talk about service - 1 day after I talked to Larry and I received 4 1/2 foot of the new ribbed seal and a full tube of silicone caulk. Now that is service! Now all I have to do is install it. Good luck on your second attempt wileecoyote985.
Gary & Carole
cargary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 05:55 PM   #23
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
Glenn;

I forgot to say thank you for posting the information about the fix. I guess I figured it was something I was going to have to put up with. Nice to find out it is fixable.

Thanks again
Gary
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 03:12 AM   #24
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
You are all welcome but I should point out that it was Terri Ames (teames27) who relayed a message from Ron (rames14) to me and it was through this message that I myself found out about this new seal.

wilee call Fantastic (800 521 0298) again and ask for Bob Beretta in Tech Support. I know he will take care of you.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #25
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We got the new ribbing today but no caulking. What kind is it??? If it stops raining tomorrow we want to put it on. Yes, it is raining in Southern Calif. In fact we had thunder and lightning all night last night. Very unusual for here.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:46 PM   #26
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
Sue & Ed:
The caulk they sent me is called Geocel 1250, which is according to the verbage on the tube, constuction siliconized acrylic adhesive sealant. I'm not a person in the know of what other product would be ok to use, but I would imagine that any constuction silicon caulk would work. It took so little amount of the sealant to do the job for me, I guess I would just go and purchase a small tube somewhere and be done with it. Mine installed without any problems whatsoever. Good luck with yours.
Gary & Carole
Old 09-20-2005, 04:50 PM   #27
Chaser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2310
Send a message via Yahoo to Chaser
Just wanted to let everyone know - we ordered the new gasket on the 13th when we read this post - it came already today - we also had the experience of a clicking sound when in use last weekend - was so noisy had to turn it off - any thoughts on the cause - the only thing we could figure it was was a blade hitting something - hadn't made the noise before this time - plan to check it out tomorrow when we install the seal/gasket...but interested to hear if this has happened to anyone else.
Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #28
BigBlue
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #109
elorlob
We found that sometimes a leaf or other junk can get behind the fan. If you look closely the fan blades have a ring around the outside of the blades. Things like leaves can get behind this and give you the noise. I haven't had any difficulty getting the stuff out by taking the screen off and removing the stuff.
Jim
BigBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 12:38 PM   #29
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
I called yesterday and they are sending me the kit as well. I was treated very well over the phone and they told me I would be getting all I needed to install the new seal with some instructions so I would have something to read after I screw it up the first time. HA HA
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #30
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Gary and Carole or anyone else
Did you get instructions? We didn't although it may be a no brainer, could you share what they sent you. They may have a couple of tricks. Thanks.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 03:01 AM   #31
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
ours sticks, but really hasn't been a problem.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 03:14 PM   #32
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
Sue and Ed:
No, we didn't get any intructions. A guy named Larry just said to open the fastastic fan cover all the way open and turn off the fan by pressing the off switch. Observe where the break in the old seal is and take off the old seal and scrape off the old adhesive as best as you can with a putty knife. Then take the new seal start it in aprox. the same spot where the old seal began and fit it over the fan housing edge and fit it all the way around it to find out how much seal it takes to go around it. Mark it and then cut the excess off and apply the silicone caulk in the groove the entire length of the new seal. Now take the seal, starting where you did before and fit it around the housing and press it down on the edge to ensure the caulk makes contact with the plastic and the seal. Then just close the fan cover by pressing the off switch again and it will close and make contact with the new seal. Leave the fan cover closed for 24 hours and then try it out. It should now open without sticking again. This is how I did it. Hope this helps.
Also, I hope you don't fear the climbing up on the roof of the 5er, cause you have to do all the installing from up there unless you want to remove the whole assembly from the inside. Good luck and be careful going up and down the ladder.
Gary & Carole
Old 09-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #33
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
I received my new gasket within a couple of days after calling. Good service!! I will be installing it this week-end. Thanks Glenn for the number.
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote