Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2005, 07:46 AM   #1
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
Freezer & AC Questions

Fast question please, how can my freezer make ice cubes but my ice cream bar falls off the stick? (Very soft) I read where you can move the white thing up on the far right fin inside the refridgerator making it colder, will that also make the freezer colder?
Also, does the A/C cool and recirculate the air inside or does it bring fresh air in?
Thanks in advance.

PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:11 AM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Mike, Thank you for posting this, I did not know about moving the white thing up to make it colder..
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:34 AM   #3
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
The a/c does not bring in outside air. I find to keep things the coldest in the freezer they have to be on the shelf on on the bottom. They have to contact the metal.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:42 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
If you have the little flex hose on the outside (look inside the cover) hanging on the outside, the frig works better. Our walk through tech told us about this and we had never done it in our previous units. It makes a difference also. I think you pull it through one of the vent openings.
I know this doesn't sound very clear. If you can't find what I'm talking about, post back and I'll go take some pictures. Monty is right outside my window.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:54 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Yes, up for colder and it works for both fridge and freezer from what I can tell. It seems to work that way on ours. We have no problems with ice cubes or ice cream. Sometimes if the freezer is jammed full the ice cream won't be rock solid but it's still plenty firm.

Our ice cube trays are on the top shelf and seem to freeze just fine.

If your fridge is not in a slide, make sure the vent to the roof is clear of bird nests, etc. If in a slide and you're in very hot temperatures, there's supposed to be a fan accessible from one of the outside covers that exhausts the hot air to the outside. If it's not working then hot days may cause some fridge/freezer problems.

Also, if in hot humid weather make sure the humidity switch on the upper edge of the freezer where the door closes is turned on. Turn it off before storing as it will eat the battery in a hurry.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #6
Montana_2838

M.O.C. #2838
To answer your question directly: Ice Cream or anything with sugar in it freezes at a colder temp than water(concentrated OJ too). Storage for regular ice cream is @ 0 to -10 deg. serve at +10. Ice cream bars or popcycles would fall in the same category. Something I just learned.. if you have a thermometer and want to check it's accuracy, a glass of ice water should register right at 32 deg. I'm going to go now and look into that 'white thingy'. Thanks for the info.
Montana_2838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:04 AM   #7
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
[quote]Originally posted by Parrothead

If you have the little flex hose on the outside (look inside the cover) hanging on the outside, the frig works better. Our walk through tech told us about this and we had never done it in our previous units. It makes a difference also. I think you pull it through one of the vent openings.
I know this doesn't sound very clear. If you can't find what I'm talking about, post back and I'll go take some pictures. Monty is right outside my window.
Happy trails..................
Found it, thank you! Seems to freeze better now.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:48 AM   #8
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
One other thing, now that we know about freezing temps of different liquids, adjusting the white flapper doo-bob, putting the hose doo-dah out and setting the humidity switch, I hope it goes without saying that a thermometer resides in both the frig and freezer compartments. The usual frig/freezer type will do unless you are in habit of having wild fluctuations of temps (campground outages etc etc)--then you might want to invest in max/min thermometers. One wrangle with some mayo that has gone off will make you a believer! Here's to healthy travels!!
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote