Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2005, 03:01 PM   #1
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Thumbs up on the 3670

Some friends of ours took delivery of a 3670 @ 3 weeks ago.Picked it up on a Thursday and took off on a trip Friday.I thought well we will wait till they come back from the trip then go over and see what fell apart.We were over this afternoon and evening..nothing fell apart. There was A frayed spot on the rear window curtain, A small bruise spot on a kitchen drawer.The overhead fan was noisy(and it was) the water pump vibrated throughout the entire camper.My guess is it is screwed right into the floor and some rubber bushings will quiet it down.The worst problem was that the shaft that turns the front power jack broke off one side.His opinion was that the tires, Mission I think , made in China, were junk and could not believe that keystone would put such cheap tires on a high $ camper..said he called them and told them so, advised me NOT to have those tires on the camper. All of the mentioned issues, except the tires will be corrected by the dealer.What we saw was minor problems.I may not have even said anything about the spot on the curtain and drawer, maybe... We were impressed with the quality, so they CAN build a quality unit..I actually saw one.Helen likes the 3670 floor plan so that is the unit we will buy.The only negative is the size of the desk for the computer but we can work something out..We both like the "open" feeling of the floor plan.So keystone, you are not off the hook on quality of workmanship, but I know you can do it.The build date on this unit was the 27th of July..what was good about that day?????

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Rich,
we had exactly the same problem with the front jacks on our first trip with our 2980! When we got home to the dealer the motor fell off so they had to use 2 floor jacks to get it unhooked from our truck.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
My 3670 has had very few problems. I did have to have a window replaced because it was almost impossible to open, and then I recently had two fibreglass cracks repaired that Keystone warranteed even though it was 8 months out of warranty. The Montana line of 5th wheels are very nice in our opinion.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
No complaints with our 3670. Just minor things like a broken bolt on a slide which was easily fixed.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 01:58 AM   #5
Ishler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1328
We love ours too. Only problem of mention was a bedroom slide leak that took two trys to fix. We also love the open floorplan.
Ishler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 02:45 AM   #6
Chuck and Carol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1011
We have been looking and looking at floorplans. Narrowed it down to 3. Then I said OK Chuck you decide. We are now the owners of a 3670. He liked the spacious floorplan. The desk is perfect for my laptop. We have one of those accordian doors seperating the toilet and bedroom. Being just the two of us that's OK. Hope everything goes ok on our trip to Ohio next Monday.
We pick up the Montana tomorrow (Sat). Got to switch all our stuff in the dealers parking lot.
This is it. No more trailers, motorhomes or fifth wheels. If we can't like this we better go to motels
Hope to make the rally in Indiana. Last year we had a maroon truck. Yesterday we picked up our 2005 GMC Sierra (dually). Neat truck.

Carol

Oh ---- the truck is white
Chuck and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:31 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I wonder what line they make the 3670 on..Is it different from where they make the other Montana's.Do different folks build the 3670.The 3670 seems to have fewer problems that some of the other models. We too have settled on the 3670, the 3295 was a close second.The Terry TT is up for sale and we are SLOWLY clearing 10 years worth of 'Stuff" out of it.Will order the new unit in Jan/feb for delivery in March/ April.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:03 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Richfaa, until recently there was only one line for all Montana models. I understand there now are two plants. I don't know which models are in which or if all models are built in both.

As for the desk, our 3295RK has a nice sized desk and I used it for a couple of years of fulltiming. But the past few months I've found I like relaxing in my lazyboy with laptop on my lap, like right now. I also can see tv if something catches attention in the movie Vicki has playing right now. What I'm saying is if the desk is not what you really wanted maybe it won't turn out to be a big deal after all.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 07:16 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Yes Steve.R the desk is a minor issue.If fact when going down the road Helen usually has the P.C on her lap navigating,Etc.Of course we both have lap tops.We will be going to the Montana Factory soon as Helen's crazy schedule slides back to Tuesdays Off.3 weeks I think. I've got a long list of questions to ask thanks in large part to this forum , which is exactly why we became members . Unfortunately a lot of those question fall into the "don't ask me questions I don't want to hear" category.But those are the best kind of questions.