Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #1
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Home again!!!

Sharran and I left the Rio Grande Valley on Mar. 30 and spent a couple of weeks travelling home to Canada. Still a little snow around and our lake is still covered with ice...brrrr! It's great to go away but great to get home as well. I trust everyone else has had safe travels as well!!

contau lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:15 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Brrrr is right!

Glad you had a good ride home! Hope to see you next winter in the Rio Grande, if that is in your plans!

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:22 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulation on the completion of another chapter in your great adventure. Maybe next year I'll mosey down from Livingston, Texas or wherever I will be, to visit with you folks from the northern climes.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Glad to hear you are safely home. So are we.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We got home Friday. Good to see the kids and grands again. Now I am ready to head back to TexAs. Too much work around here. Just kidding.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:29 AM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I'm glad to hear you all made it home safely. Contau Lake, good to hear from you again. Haven't seen your posts in awhile.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:14 PM   #7
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Your right about not posting very much! It's amazing how time seems to fly in the Valley! Didn't get much time to be on the computer and then spent three weeks travelling home with no net access. Now the work begins....ha! Thanks for noticing Steve!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:43 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Contau Lake, we've not yet met but I saw your post you'll be back in the Valley next winter. We have reservations in Mission for Jan/Feb so we'll get to meet you (and many others) then, if not before.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:02 PM   #9
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Great Sreigle, we will look forward to the get-to-gethers this coming winter. Hard to believe I just left there and am talking about going back already...ha!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:32 PM   #10
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
There must be something very attractive at Bentsen Palm Village for everyone to be heading there. Maybe some of you folks who were there last year should clue the rest of us in!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 06:00 PM   #11
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I think we were among the first MOC-ers to book there. I was just surfing for campgrounds in the RGV and came across their website. It sounded attractive, so we booked there for a month to try it and stayed for two months. I can't speak for anyone else, but to us it was:

New
Spacious
Clean
Micely landscaped
Quiet (in the country but close to the city).
WiFi enabled
Reasonalbly priced
Dog friendly (has an exercise area with agility equipment and dog training available).
Seems to attract a slightly younger, more active group of people.
but for us the main attraction is the proximity to Bentsen Rio Grande State Park, the bird and butterfly centres, and the bike paths through the area.

It won't be to everyone's liking. It is smaller than many RGV parks, has fewer organized ativities, and a smallish swiming pool. Some parts were so new this past winter that the concrete was barely set, and the landscaping was still being planted.

It was mostly by chance that we ended up there, but we liked it and booked again for next year.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 05:20 AM   #12
contau lake
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2222
Thanks for the information, John! It sure sounds like there will be a lot of Montana's sitting there next year!!
Old 04-23-2005, 08:14 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We've never been there but booked it on the recommendation of friends plus looking at their website. We are trying to spend each winter in a different area (warmer areas only!) of the country. We started fulltiming in March, 2003, so did our first winter in Jan/Feb 2004. There we were in Austin, TX, for a month, then Fredericksburg, TX, for a couple of weeks, then Big Bend National Park. This past Jan/Feb we were in the Savannah, GA, area. Next winter it's South Texas. The following winter will be somewhere else.