Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2006, 06:12 PM   #41
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Don't know yet Dave. My first plan is to try Harmon's recommendation and modify the full length bi-fold doors. If that doesn't work for me I'll cut off the bottom portion of the door in front of the freezer and try to keep the two door option above the freezer. If that doesn't work I'll just have a new door made, maybe a full length louvered one (or just steal Judy's).

Thanks for setting me straight on that vent Parrothead.

Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 02:51 AM   #42
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

Richfaa, why wouldn't you want a washer dryer in the washer closet? We like the convenience of ours and not having to go to the laundry. Works great too.
Dusty
That could happen. That is why we ordered the W/D prep.Our camping style will not change for the rest of 06 and we are not exactly sure of how we will use the camper after that.Helen wanted the option of being able to install a W/D if we needed it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 03:03 AM   #43
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Now, Dennis, if Glen could tell you about the fit I have every time that door is left open to reveal all our STUFF, you wouldn't even THINK about stealing my doors.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:50 AM   #44
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I'm sure you could purchase louvered doors if you have the need (and not steal Judy's or mine). I thought it was odd Keystone went with solid doors on that closet. However, according to Keystone only 10% of RVers have a washer/dryer. I imagine the solid doors would also help keep the sound down when the W/D is spinning. But we usually leave our doors open when W/D is running so we can see when it is done and get the clothes out before they wrinkle.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #45
lawrenceb42106
Montana Master

M.O.C. #45
If anyone wants a freezer, Sears has a 5 cu ft upright freezer on sale now. It is $179.00. We bought one today and installed it in the w/d closet. We didn't have to modify anything. There is about 2" clearance all the way around. The door will close and still have room. We may have to put a fan in the room. Will have to wait and see how much heat it makes. If so i think i will put a computer type fan above the door. These are on sale till 1/28/06.
lawrenceb42106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #46
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
I just finish re-hinging and re-hanging the bi-fold doors as two separate center opening doors. Thanks Harmon for passing on the idea, it was a lot less involved than cutting off the bottom half and re-hanging the bi-fold. It took me a couple hours, but as my father once said I’m a “Wood Butcher” so I really have to take my time. I still managed to screw up once but it’s on the inside so I won’t be able to see it all the time. The washer/dryer closet was narrower at the bottom than the top. I think the wall between the closet and the hall was toed in about ¼ of an inch so I had to shim the top hinge to make the original locking pin system work. Not perfect but I have better access to the freezer. I think I’ll use some aluminum angle iron (is it angle iron when it’s made of aluminum?) or narrow wood strips to keep the freezer from sliding around.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #47
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
We have not used the little Splendide W/D combo we got in our new Montana but as soon as March gets here I am de-winterizing the unit and trying everything out.

We were planning to leave the closet doors open when we used the unit to help it stay cooler.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:27 AM   #48
Roman4
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3018
I'm glad it worked out well for you, Dennis. Thanks should go to Adelmoll and to VickiR who suggested it to us.
Roman4 is offline   Reply With Quote