Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
Air Bag for F-350

I have a 2008 F-350 not Dually with a B & W Hitch on it. I want to add air bags to it. Will both the Air Lift and Firestone work?

iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
If you plan to do the work yourself then the best thing to do is call Air Lift and Firestone and describe your detailed configuration and each should tell you if they have a solution. The truck and its hitch will make a difference.

For example, my '06 SRW 4x4 long bed F-250 with a Valley/Husky fiver hitch could NOT use an AirLift 7 years ago because of the way the underside brackets for the Valley/Husky rails attached under the truck bed. The AirLift air bags brackets could NOT be used, but the Firestone used different hardware and therefore they worked. Things may have changed since then, I'm just sayin'.

I originally had a Camping World appointment for the Air Lift system, but the CW tech notified me of the incompatibility. They were very nice to direct me to a Firestone distributor nearby and they installed the Firestones I have today. This same distributor also installed an onboard compressor and the AirLift digital controls for inflating the Firestone airbags. I bring this up because I am hopeful you find the same level of cooperation with whomever you deal with.

Maybe an MOCer with your same configuration ('08 SRW F350 with a B&W hitch) can tell you if either air bag vendor will work in your case. The bed length and drive train (4x2, 4x4) may matter, too. The Firestone solution was a little more expensive than the Air Lift solution. Your experience may vary.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
okierver
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11127
i just purchased a 2008 f 250 lariat 6.4 powerstroke and i had airlift bags put on and did it my self. my previous truck was a 2003 7.3 ps. and i had airlift bags on it, i wanted to change them over but they wouldnt fit that year. so i called airlift and they got me the right ones for my year and truck and 5th wheel hitch arraignment. installed my self and love them, good luck , just give airlift a call they were really helpful.
okierver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
I had the Firestone bags put on 99 f350 SRW V10 and they fit great and made a Huge difference in ride I just loved um! But I had a Valley hitch
Old 02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
Thanks for your comments. I got this figured out and ordered airlifts locally with install.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote