Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #1
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
FREEZE WARNING for the Q

I just got a weather alert on my phone about Quartzsite having a freeze warrning! I thought I better pass it on for those of you who may not have checked the weather or have not prepped for such situations.

It says the Freeze Warning is extended from midnight tonight through Tuesday morning with the temps in the low 20s(outlying areas) and 30s. So make sure you have your heaters running.

You probably already knew about this but just thought I should pass it on just in case!

Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Yes, you folks are arriving for the coldest weather here in over a year and several days of it to boot. We have the grand kids here for the next several days and of course we have a trip reserved to the Grand Canyon. And you think it will be cold at Q!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
All we can say is that while you'all are complaining of cold, just let us remind you that I had to shovel over 8 feet of sunshine today in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Not fun!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
That sunshine can get heavy.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Yes, you folks are arriving for the coldest weather here in over a year and several days of it to boot. We have the grand kids here for the next several days and of course we have a trip reserved to the Grand Canyon. And you think it will be cold at Q!
Grand Canyon!! Brrrr The lows are going to be negative for the next several nights.

It's cold enough here outside of Phoenix and we're going up to Prescott tomorrow - stopping for Pie of course at the Rock Springs Cafe
Old 01-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NCFischers

That sunshine can get heavy.
Yeah, almost as heavy as B.S. just sayin'
Old 01-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
It is funny on this forum how you never know where a topic is going to go when you originally post it!

Too funny! Have fun a the Grand Canyon DQDick! Be safe and hope it is warm enough for you!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #8
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mrs. CountryGuy

So, seeing that we have no electric at the "Q", and the only way to heat these Montana's is with the propane, I think our basements will be good eh??

Now, will the batteries hold up??

And, ohhhh, by the way, there is a shortage of Propane here in Arizona I hear, due to the cold weather. (Nope, I am NOT kidding!)

Fill up before you get to "Q" if you can.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #9
PapaBeav
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7487
It is not as cold as expected here this morning. At 6:30AM it is 32 but was expected to be in the low 20's.
Old 01-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #10
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
It is a good thing we have the 'arctic package' that warms our basement with propane. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that it would be a good idea to make sure your furnace was on and that you have enough propane to get through a night of freezing temps. I also thought for anyone who has pets they would want to know. I hope I didn't come across as blonder than blonde!

Thanks for the info on the lack of propane! We are coming from very cold to somewhat cold so we will make sure to top off in Cedar City UT. Thanks! We were just talking about how much we are going to need on this trip because every where we are stopping at is expecting either zero or negative temps for the night! UGH! The silver lining is we will definitely be putting our new trailer through it's paces.

We kind of laugh at the term 'arctic' package! There are a lot of other steps you would have to take to stay in this trailer for any length of time in the 'arctic' (i.e. skirting, huge propane tank, extra insulation, etc) but you gotta love marketing!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #11
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BusyCarol

It is a good thing we have the 'arctic package' that warms our basement with propane. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that it would be a good idea to make sure your furnace was on and that you have enough propane to get through a night of freezing temps. I also thought for anyone who has pets they would want to know. I hope I didn't come across as blonder than blonde!

Thanks for the info on the lack of propane! We are coming from very cold to somewhat cold so we will make sure to top off in Cedar City UT. Thanks! We were just talking about how much we are going to need on this trip because every where we are stopping at is expecting either zero or negative temps for the night! UGH! The silver lining is we will definitely be putting our new trailer through it's paces.

We kind of laugh at the term 'arctic' package! There are a lot of other steps you would have to take to stay in this trailer for any length of time in the 'arctic' (i.e. skirting, huge propane tank, extra insulation, etc) but you gotta love marketing!
I hope your campgrounds are open on the way down! Oh, and the roads!!! Travel safe, Carol(s)!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:58 AM   #12
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I hadn't thought of that Mynabird...well we may end up Wal-docking if they aren't...BUT...that may be an issue too as there aren't any walmarts that allow docking on our way. Oh well...may be a rest stop...if they aren't closed too! The joys of traveling in winter! Should be an adventure all the way around!

Thanks for the well wishes! I think we are going to need all of them!
Closed Thread