Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Assorted Technology to learn

Now that Christmas has come and gone, there is an assortment of technology that Santa left that is forcing the househole into a learning curve. Talk about a myriad of things to learn, DW was pleased to receive a Motorola Xoom 10" tablet that has kept her occupied the last couple of days (it was selected over the Ipad), one daughter got a Kindle Fire, the other daughter got an Ipod with wi-fi capabilities, and Dad got a regular Kindle wi-fi. The entire household is in digital learning mode at present!! With regards to Montana additions, I am now an owner of a new complete 138 piece Kobalt tool set with a suitcase-type carrying case that will be solely for Montana use and a AC/DC Kobalt air compressor. Curious to see how the air compressor works with the camper, it states 120 max psi, but I cannot find in the documentation anywhere the CFM rate which is kind of important for the trailer tires. I am a little leery since it is the type that plugs into a cigarette lighter receptacle. At the least, it will be fine around the house, and it also did not come from Harbor Freight!! All in all, a pretty good Christmas, hope all the MOC had an enjoyable, eventful Christmas celebration as well.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Ah yes technology. We are doing kind of the same thing. We now have an Ipad, Imac and a Macbook Pro laptop. The reason all "I" stuff, they all talk and share info wirelessly with each other and the printer. It pretty cool, all important stuff can be done once and all get it, if you have it set that way. That's the tricky part.

kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dang, I got a pair of warm socks,
Sue got a book on rocks,
we spent Christmas collecting rocks and off roading,
I spent the next day unloading.
We were low tech this year....
Nice goodies Bingo, everyone will be tech smarter after they read up.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:33 AM   #4
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
Ozz,
Sounds like you need a copy of the Long Long Trailer DVD so Sue can sharpen up on her rock storage skills. Stop by Quartzsite and I'll lend you our copy!

Ken & Marilyn
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We're in the tech learning mode also. New iPad for me, new fancy camera for Joyce and having to get debit cards and on line banking set up at two banks so we can begin at least long part timing.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by brenkco

Ozz,
Sounds like you need a copy of the Long Long Trailer DVD so Sue can sharpen up on her rock storage skills. Stop by Quartzsite and I'll lend you our copy!

Ken & Marilyn
Sounds like a deal. Stop by Palm Springs when you get done there.
Bingo, I bought a Kindle to read, but Sue took it over. I will have to read up on the Fire, probably the newest one. Good job on the tool set, any guy would be happy with that! The compressor will probably be fine for topping off the tires.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
The fire is more like a mini-tablet (even though I have not really seen it, since we cannot pry anything from either daughters hands!!). Did some more checking on the compressor, 0.43 CFM at 90 psi. will be good for the airbags on the truck and okay for the household vehicle tires and other needs. May be a stretch for the camper tires, but fortunately since putting on the 614s, I haven't had to add or subtract air yet, we will see after going through the winter again. I did order my first book for the Kindle, but haven't started reading it yet. A highly recommended book if any are interested in the sort: "Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back"
Bingo
Old 12-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I would scour the free books on Amazon, they have many good books, Classics. I guess before the copyright deal.
You are a good Pop, glad your family had a nice Christmas.
Knowing you, I bet they would have been happy with most anything.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:39 PM   #9
kab449
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11842
Talk about a learning curve, picked up the Monty yesterday, loaded it, and arrived at the campground in Lancaster, Pa at noon. Good conditions to test it out (40 mph winds, 34 degrees, 24 overnight). Got the instruction manuals and campground wifi to do forum search.
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #10
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Bingo I guess I am getting to the age where I am going to have to step off the road of technology and wave bye bye to some things. I am on a first name basis with Verizon Tech support. We got Directv installed and I spend more time trying to figure out all the bells and whistles than I do watching TV. My wifes new Stratosphere smart phone I have already given up on - had that thing in my hand for half a day yesterday only to find out that Verizon Data was down and it was not my settings afterall. Then they tell me my flip phones will no longer be made in the near future and smart phones will be the only thing on the market. Plus they keeping upping the prices on all these services then I find out my Computer OS XP will be obsolete in the near future and no longer supported when Windows 8 is released and I am just now getting use to using this OS.
The speed limit on the technology highway is just to fast for me.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #11
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I know what you mean Phil, DW has been trying to find a simple, non-data cell phone through Sprint since all she uses her phone for is calling and texting. About every phone nowadays needs a data plan. I think we are being railroaded down the hi-tech highway regardless of what our specific needs are.
Bingo
Old 01-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #12
ray fischer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3760
Indy R/R, I'm so technically challenged that I figure I'll eventually be Euthanized by my lack of technology. Bingo, wife and I use a $9.95 trac phone. It came with 2 chargers and a case. I call it my dumb phone. I spend about $120.00 a year for minutes.
ray fischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I bought my wife a Sprint Android almost a year ago. She still hasn’t got it figured out and I can’t even answer it when it rings. LOL

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:21 AM   #14
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Phil P - hand it to my 10 year old grandson or 8 year old granddaughter and they will show you everything about it.
Why do they call it a smart phone ???? I guess you have to be smart to use it so give me a rotary dial phone and I can make all the calls I want.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote