Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2008, 08:26 AM   #1
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Oven Replacement

After three weeks the Sylvania microwave/convection oven in our 09 started to short out on the microwave function. In less than a week Keystone had shipped a new one to us here in TX. This excellent service was arranged by our dealer service person Gail even though the dealership was closed for Christmas week. Gail made all the arrangements via email from her home. The DW has been putting the new oven through its paces since it arrived yesterday and it is performing very well.

berridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Glad to hear you got fixed up so close to Christmas. Gail seems to have looked after you well, but Keystone must have put some effort into getting that MW out to you as well. Sounds like a good show all around. If "Gail" is who I think she is (CIS in Brooklin, ON), she has helped us out as well in the past. I know of at least one member who has had problems dealing with her, but I can only think that that instance was the exception to the rule, or she has learned a lot since then.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:43 AM   #3
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
Maybe you could answer a question for us. WEe have a Sylvania microwave/convection oven in ours. When we try to use the "Compu Bake" ours comes on for about 10 seconds and cuts off. After 20 minutes it still does not reach the temp. that it should. ON the Bake it will preheat as it should. The question is this normal?

The Old Fogies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
Old Fogies-we have not had time to try all the functions on the oven yet but will let you know if we find out anything. On another track, it sounds as if the ROAST function may use both the elements and the microwave at the same time but again have not checked this out. Our Apollo did this and it worked very well cutting cooking times in half-a real bonus in hot weather.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
dejama
Established Member

M.O.C. #6250
Can you tell me the model number of the convection oven. I think I am going to need to replace my apollo soon
dejama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:03 AM   #6
biznsa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8999
The Sylvania Conv/Micro lasted all of about 30 minutes. Fortunately, we were parked overnight at the dealers after taking delivery. They didn't have one in stock so I wasn't able to get a replacement right then. They did show me how to install the new unit when it arrives.
biznsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
berridge
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6415
The model # of our oven is SC11100. It says SYLVANIA on the front of the oven but I contacted Sylvania directly and they say they do NOT manufacture this oven. Obviously they have rented out their name. The replacement unit Keystone sent us is also defective in that the cooling fan does not operate in the microwave function so it overheats and shuts down. I will have to get another replacement from Keystone. Maybe it will be third time lucky? I would gladly pay a few more dollars to get better quality in the first place.