Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
debstu

M.O.C. #8000
kitchen slide

we r in a new 2007 3400rl 4 slides(so far we r loving it) we have recently ran into a couple of problems,the kitchen slide we noticed is wet all along the bottom of the edge of carpet where the slide goes out. It doesnt seem to fit as tight as the rest do along the walls. And a leak on the large slide where the outside wall meets the roof, above the cabinet. It looks like the rubber tape that runs along the roof on the slide is bubbled, however they all seam to have some bubbling. Has anyone encounterd these problems and what did u do. Unfortunatly 90 day guaranty on slide roofs has past. oystersbydeb@hotmail.com

debstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
This a new 3400? You have more than a 90 day warranty on the vehicle, especially the roof! My dealer has been working on a leaking slide for several months, keep taking it in and get it documented, get Keystone involved as the subject matter experts like I'm planning on the next leak I get.
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
debstu

M.O.C. #8000
yess it is new 3400RL, all bells and whistles, when I called Keystone they told me there was only a 90 warranty on the slide roofs. More on the rig itself. Also contacted the dealer back in Iowa no luck there. I am going to contact a dealer here in WA and see what they say. It wasnt a small leak it was running in like it wasnt sealed at all. We have a small tarp over it right now until we r able to get it fixed.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Our large slide developed a leak in the same manner as yours. We purchased our rig on April 5/07 and set it up on a seasonal lot May 1/07. It took the rain being driven at just the right direction before the water got in under one of those bubbles you described and leaked into the centre wall cabinet and then out the outlet below, tripping the kitchen GFI. In early July our dealer's mobile service vehicle came to our rv park renewed the tape and put silicone along the edge of the tape. The alert serviceman also checked and sealed all the other slides as well and it was covered under waranty as we didn't pay one cent!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
debstu

M.O.C. #8000
Thanks for the input, we didnt have any luck with our dealer, maybe because they knew we moved to Wa. We will try a dealership here in Wa. So far we r staying sane in our "home on wheels"
Old 12-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by debstu

yess it is new 3400RL, all bells and whistles, when I called Keystone they told me there was only a 90 warranty on the slide roofs. More on the rig itself. Also contacted the dealer back in Iowa no luck there. I am going to contact a dealer here in WA and see what they say. It wasnt a small leak it was running in like it wasnt sealed at all. We have a small tarp over it right now until we r able to get it fixed.
Deb,
Who is your dealer in Iowa? My dealer is Ketelsen RV in Hiawatha, IA. If your dealer won't help you, Ketelsen will. Tell them Orv Schinke told you to call them. Phone number is 319-377-8244. Talk to Denny Hebdon.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:37 AM   #7
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Just went to your oysterments website - you are sooooo talented!!!

S
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:04 AM   #8
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
Our Large slide leaked on our 3400 and when you got up on a ladder you could see that there was a bow in the top and the seal did not sweep the top of the slide. The dealer took off the front of the slide inside and put some shims in to raise the slide top to eliminate the bow. Hasn't leaked since. I honestly believe that Keystone would honor this repair. A 2007 unit should not be out of warranty. I would do as other's have suggested and go have a serious talk with another dealer.
Our Bedroom slide leaked but that was a "tape" issue over the outter edge that my dealer fixed.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 02:31 AM   #9
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
I think whoever told you the slide roof only has a 90 day warranty is mistaken. There is only 90 days on slide adjustment but I believe everything else is 1 year. The tape bubbling should not be a problem as long as it is sealed well along the edges.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote