Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #21
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
My trailer came with Tacoma tires. No problems with them and I replaced them after about 22,000 miles on them. Replaced with Coopers. I have had more problems with the Coopers than I ever had with the Tacoma. The Tacoma tires weren't worn but I figured 20,000 miles was enough for them. I still have the new original Tacoma spare.

Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #22
Dennis Korchak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2419
Had 20,000 miles on my Mission Tires with no problems, still looked good. Replaced them last year with Michelin XPS RIBS just because of all the problems everyone else was having and for peace of mind.
Dennis Korchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:02 PM   #23
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
No problems with my Missions.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #24
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by billhoover

No problems with my Missions.

Same here, Yes I don't have a doubt they are a problem tire, and this remark will probably not sit well with the tire experts here on the MOC, but it needs to be said, there is a tremendous amount of complaining about tire failures , and I am sure many to the right thing, and still have tire failures, but how many are self inflicted . I have seen way too many tires under inflated going down the road to think it is always the tires.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:23 AM   #25
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Hmmm, I think y'all need to "knock on wood". Tireco seems to me to have confirmed most of the failed Missions to be defective. I don't think they would have been cutting those checks for replacement if improper inflation was the cause of the failures.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #26
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We got 18000+ miles out of our Mission OEM tires without problems before changing them out because of the publicity here on the forum.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:03 AM   #27
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
I was at our favorite dealer on Sat. looking at new Montana's. I asked the owner, whom I've known for many year's, if he has heard about or had problems with the Mission tires...He said they had no problems with them. No blow out's, no customer complaints about them.
Maybe we are lucky here in my area? The dealer is one of the largest Montana dealer's in the Mid-West here.
In our travels, I manage to talk to the Montana owners about there Mission tires. Some of the people have over 20,000 miles on them.
SO, What's going on?? I know of some people here on this forum & other's, have replaaced them because of what you read.
Really don't know what to say or do about my Missions.

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #28
farmboy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9087
Send a message via Yahoo to farmboy
My 2005 Monty came with Tacoms. No problems to date with 16,000 miles on them. Will probably run them another 2+ years and 6,000+ miles before I replace them.
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #29
azleflyer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9140
Same here, Tacoma's with no problems.
azleflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #30
emorris548
Established Member

M.O.C. #8787
Send a message via MSN to emorris548
Thought I would jump in, as I just replaced my Mission tires this week. I've towed 17,000 miles, in two years. Which includeds a trip to Alaska. All four tires had a different wear pattern, I had the Dealer check the alingment and I was told I was okay. Anyway three tires had wear patterns which were down to the wear bars on the edges, one tire looked like it would go another 17k, it's now my spare. My last Keystone Fiver went less than 10k prior to new tires. I might have pushed them a little further, but hearing the horror stories new tires seemed a cheaper option.
emorris548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #31
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Lambchop/Roy, I would recommend you keep the Missions, HOWEVER, Having said that, I would NOT do so without a competent Tire Pressure Monitor System. The problem comes in when the tire blows you really don't know it right away, at least until it comes apart, then it comes apart and causes damage to the plastic fenders and other parts of the trailer. I left Alaska two years ago WITH the Pressure Pro TPMS and I had two flats, one a blow out, on the Alcan hiway. Because of the TPMS I was alerted right away and was able to pull off the road immediately before any damage was done. In any event, I will not travel without my TPMS, regardless of the brand of tires I have. I did change out my Missions and TIRECO paid for 4 new ones, at least they gave me a check for $120.00 each. I continue to use my TPMS both on my trailer and my truck. Have had two incidents with the truck, both on the rears and I didn't feel a thing but HEARD my TPMS alert me. There are several brands of TPMS available and a search should come up with a few threads on this subject. Hope this helps you somewhat.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote