Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
Slide "stuck" - HELP! Yet ANOTHER Update

Second update here: We had to take the slides out when we got home to clean and winterize and when done, the slide would not completely go in again. I re-sprayed it and then pushed and rocked it a little to get it in. I'll have to leave it at the house until an mobile rv repair service can get here tomorrow. We have used them before and he is reliable so I'll let you know then. I'm sure if MIMF would log in he would know exactly what to tell me.

mac

So this is an update, I just got home and I got it in by simply spraying some slide silicone on the rack and pinions. I do this every year as instructed on our initial inspection but I believe this will be a reminder to me to use more of it more often. Since I have to "retire" it for the winter I'll wait and have someone take a closer look at it next spring. The place we park it there is no room for someone to work on it there.

Thanks for the few that tried to offer some help!!

mac

We have a 2955 RL and the large slide will not retract the last foot or so. This is kind of an emergency for me to hear back from someone soon as I have to get our trailer home and winterized before I resume chemo next week. Please someone answer my plea ASAP so we can get home.

mac

Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:37 AM   #2
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Of course the obvious thing would be to look for something blocking it, either inside, outside or underneath. Don't forget the top of the slide too. Is the 50amp circuit breaker popping causing it to stop? You could try replacing it. I believe that Lippert now recommends a 80 amp by the way. Also check the oil level. Good Luck!!
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:46 AM   #3
Fjkiss
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6278
Mac have you had any luck?
were are you located?
Fjkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
I can only hope that some MOC'er is close by to lend you a hand. Have you tried pushing the slide in the last foot. If you are on chemo my prayers go out to you. My wife just finished her last treatment a week ago and I know she is very weak.
MOC'ers this friend of the forum needs help!! Anyone close to him.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I occasionally lubricate our slides but we never have the problem you've had. I doubt I lubricate as often as you have. What Tom S said about the breaker is what I'm thinking, too. When it stops moving inward, are there any noises or is it just like you press the switch and nothing happens? If you then let it sit a few minutes and try again, will it continue its journey? If so, that's probably the breaker causing the problem. Beyond that, I don't know.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote