Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Pan for washer/dryer

Our combo washer/dryer is located in the bedroom closet under the television and on our last trip, one of the hose fittings started to spray water. Today, I removed the cabinet front above and below the doors and removed the washer/dryer. Tomorrow, I'll cut the carpet off the floor and have a metal pan with a drain fabricated. It will have 3/4 inch sides and a 3/4 inch piece of copper tubing welded into the bottom. I'll attach a piece of plastic tube to it and let it drain out next to the hitch. I'll run some aluminum tape around the top edge of the pan so any water will run down the wall, into the pan and out of the trailer.

NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Splendide does sell a pan, that is all I know, we don't have one.

Sorry to hear bout the leak, YUCK.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
It wasn't bad. We caught it early. My pan will have a drain in it and any water will be channelled OUT.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We had the Splendide Aristion Stackable and we also had a drip pan. Never had the occasion to use it but the drain system is a great MOD. Often wondered that if you had a leak the pan wouldn't hold much water. Good Luck. Our new 5th wheel (SOB) brand will have the W/D in the bedroom slide and they will be side by side. However we have the water Manifold system and we cut the water to the
W/D to prevent leaks what we aren't in the 5er. Good Luck.. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
nailbender
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5811
I installed a Splendide drain pan from Camping World in ours with a 1" drain line. The pan fit perfect in the cabinet and the hardest part was running the drain line under the floor and out in the propane tank cabinet.
nailbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Good stuff!

The good news is that this will keep things neater in the event of a leak. The bad news is that a problem may not be so obvious. Unless you notice the water pouring out. If you put in water sensors, now THAT'S overdoing it, eh?
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:03 AM   #7
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
I'm having the pan fabricated today. It has 1 inch sides and a drain tube braised in the bottom. The hose will be clamped to that and drain out the bottom of the propane tank cabinet onto the front foot. I cut the carpet off the floor in the cabinet and drilled a 3 inch hole in the floor being careful not to hit a floor joist. When it's installed, I'll duct tape the side of the pan to the wall so if there is a leak that runs down the wall, the water will go into the pan.
Art, A moisture sensor isn't overkill. Lowes has one for $12.95. It works on a 9 volt battery and the leads will sit in the bottom of the pan. It will make enough racket that we'll know if there is a leak.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Ooooo, Jim. I can see that you're going to give Ozz a run for his money when it comes to "mods" on your rig!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
I'd have to stay up 24/7 to keep up with Ozz.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:57 AM   #10
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
I got the pan installed and the washer/dryer put back in place. Man, that thing is heavy and awkward!! I mounted the moisture sensor on the inside cabinet wall and set the remote sensors in the pan. If it leaks again, the water will be directed out of the trailer and that annoying alarm will scream it's head off. Now all I have to do is reinstall the top panel on the cabinet. I'll make some changes so it can be removed easily so we can reach the hose connections.