Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2006, 04:02 AM   #21
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
I added AutoMeter EGT, transmission temperature, and voltmeter gages. They look good and when traveling to Alaska this summer, proved their worth! Don't leave home without them.

DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #22
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
I bought my ISSPRO 3-gauge kit that included the EGT, Turbo, Transmission gauge, and pillar from DieselManor (http://www.dieselmanor.com/). Had it installed at a local shop.
5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #23
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Have both guages. While I wouldn't want to be with out them and the Tnx temp (which was originally installed), I am like a lot of you---what do they tell m, especially the EGT? I know the melting point of alum. , but where does harm start to occur in terms of time and temp? Like a lot of other things in the various forums, this is an area of opinions, not facts. When I flew airplanes and helicopters, the manuals told me what I was seeing and what the limitations were and what the corrective action was. Sure miss that direction. Know that Mr. Truck II will willing exceed EGT limits, whatever they may really be. I stop at 1200 to 1250. Boost gives me a good idea of how hard the engine is working along with the RPM and EGT. With the Allison tnx, I am not as concerned as I was with the '99 Ford.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:47 AM   #24
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
I had a A pillar gauge package on my 03 Ford F350.
What I found is that I would spend more time being concerned about what the gauges were doing then concentrating on driving.
If you get into a long grade pull, just remember that you are hauling a heavy rig behind you and just take your foot out of the fuel and try not to beat everybody up the grade.
I beleive it cost me around $700.
Did it save me any cost in fuel or increase my fuel milage NO.
Did the larger exhaust heep the engine any cooler and increase my milage and cost $800 NO.
Did the chip modeule $500. increase my milage NO but could I blow out black smoke and get on it yes.
SO therefor for $2,000 did it help any, not really, but could of bought me a lot more fuel to travel
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote