Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2005, 09:07 AM   #1
Montana_259
Established Member

M.O.C. #259
Black water holding tank leak

Help! We tried to repair a crack in our black water holding tank (about 1.5 inches long) with Eternabond. We still see a little moisture with a very slow leak coming from the edge. Could we put another piece right up against the previous patch or should we overlap it? Also, the gray water tank has a crack too, but we aren't having the same success with that one. We are looking for a fiberglas patch kit. Anyone know about this type of product?
Thanks for any help you can give.

Montana_259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:44 AM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Allison

What year is your rig?I`am surprized the etranabond didn`t stop the leak.I would over lap it.If its possible make sure that area is dry and clean.And use a small metal roller along the tape so that it really gets a good bonding to the tank.

i was asking what year because if new your dealer will replace or fit it them selves.Good luck
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:14 PM   #3
Montana_259
Established Member

M.O.C. #259
Thanks John. I was wondering if we could overlap Eternabond. We will try that. My unit is a 2001 - not covered, per dealer. We'll give that a go.
Montana_259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #4
Bob C

M.O.C. #3010
We also have our second leak in the black tank on our 2002 2955RL. Both repairs were covered by Extended Warranty. Today's repair also recovered the first one. So far no water. The first occurred 4-6 wks ago. Repairman told me of another Winter Texan with same problem on a Montana. Will fill & flush several times over the next 3-4 days. More later. Bob C
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote