Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2005, 06:08 AM   #1
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
15 K vs 13.5 K , AC, also, 3650RK pricing ?

While out refining our knowledge of 3400RL's as our 5er intention, we happened into a 3650RK and were impressed with the open floorplan and windows, Again, the search criteria has gotten larger.
The unit on the lot has a 13.5 K air conditioner. Can anyone share, is there a significant difference in the output (cooling) of the 15K ? or does it just have to work less ?.

This unit has most of the options except W/D (has the prep), and the 15K AC. (ie; 2 TV's, FP, king bed, fibrgl sidewalls, vac, fant fan, etc) Dealers "list" sheet says $63,500. My search of RVtraders on line suggests prices anywhere from $44K to $61K, but it is difficult to know whether they have exactly the same options (most seem to) nor whether a particular dealer has already reduced their price to eliminate haggeling.
Has anyone purchased this model loaded, and what can one expect as a fair price...?
Thanks, jp

jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:25 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We priced a 3650Rk at the Cleveland Rv show Jan 05 at 45,200..It had all the goodies.. Should be able to get 25-27% off sticker price on a unit in that price range. If the dealer will not start at 25% off we go elsewhere. Rv show is a great place to get the best deal...lots of compitition...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:38 AM   #3
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
richffa has the right price range, your dealor is too high, anything over ~45/50k [after negotiating] is too high. The 15k AC is included in the "Moving to Montana Package", which is a mandatory option anyway, as is the "Value Package". The 13 k AC is an option, for the bedroom, and should have the prep option.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Thanks for the tips, I sent e-mails to several dealers within 300 miles and got back quotes of $47,200 & $45,700 (this 2nd one with two A/C's). Both are fully loaded with normal stuff plus, FP,vac, fan, fant fan, Montana, Arctic, & value packages, convection/Micro, and generater ready.
Did learn that the mid-year 2005 1/2 is $2500 more but includes Highgloss exterior, king bed, and rearanged front to accomodate a W/D.
On the downside it loses storage shelves in bedroom abd toilet area.
The decision now is W/D or no W/D.

jp
Old 04-02-2005, 09:54 PM   #5
Montana_2304
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2304
Just traded our 3650RK, too much window area for heating and cooling. Also storage was a problem, I believe we had more storage in our 3295RK. Ours was a 2004 and I've noticed improvements on the 2005. Good luck!
Charlie and Sue
Montana_2304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 04:22 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
jpf..I know there was a price increse on the Montana line after Jan 2005 so the price range mentioned on the 3650 seems ..in the ballpark...Now I love to haggle and having some experience in selling Rv's I can tell you there is still some room room to haggle..The window area and heating/cooling mentioned by Charlie and Sue is a very good point..remember those windows act as a giant magnifying glass in the summer..Of course it depends on where and how you use the camper. And..Wife picked the 3295Rk because of the Kitchen layout and the STORAGE Space.She thought there was more usable storage in the 3295 than in ANY of the other models... Try not to be in a big hurry in picking your camper..take your time.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #7
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Good points, thank you. We have been considering the storage aspect in depth since we will be full timing, (both recently retired). Originally wanted the W/D option, but felt it was not worth the loss of storage and the extra cost of the 05 1/2 model. We have downsized already from a 2700 sq ft house and donated, gifted, or trashed just about everything except seasonal clothes and necessary memorabilia. We have been (hopefully) approacing this lifestyle change in a phased approach for the last 24 months. I think we will be (could be) OK on the storage.
One of the aspects that attracted us to the 3650RK was the openess, kitchen area, and windows in this unit as opposed to others, and as FT occupants whether we would be comfortable on a day to day basis. we are weighing the benefit of that vs the HVAC conditions that will follow. Our "direction", can't say plan yet, is to do like many others and meander the Texas and Florida Gulf Coast areas in the winter and see where we end up in the summers. We have relatives on the NW & NE Coasts, as well as the midwest so those are likely summer destinations. I liked the idea of a 2nd A/C unit, just in case we happen into a humid warm climate for extended stays.
Again, thanks for the tips, were not committed to this model yet, but it's on our short list now, perhaps the hitch can be negotiated into the deal.

jp
Old 04-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Jp, I think the w/d or not is purely a personal preference decision. For us, we traded to a different Montana so we could have the w/d while fulltiming. We would have it no other way. But you will find many members here who prefer to have the storage space and do laundromats. That's definitely not us. But we also chose the 3295RK which has the most storage anyhow, so losing a little for w/d was not as big a deal. The 3650RK is a terrific model. Hope this all works out well for you. We also downsized from a large home and were not sure how well this would work. On March 21st we completed two years of fulltiming and find we adjusted just fine. You'll be amazed at how you will adjust and how you will learn to utilize existing storage. Good luck and, most of all, have fun!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:10 PM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
jpf my hat is off to you for being able to just sell the house and full time it and Sreigle two years and still going. Helen and I just can't make that decision now..we see ourselves following the sun but just can not see ourselves in a RV ..all the time..but who knows perhaps we will take to it..for now we keep the house..We thought we would just move around for the first two years then re-evaluate.We have till winter 2006 to make up our minds for sure..Last week in December 2006 is Helen's last week of work....