Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Brrr it's cold outside! Winter Camping
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2009, 02:34 PM   #21
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bw2

I recently removed the shoe rack in the front closet. I am planning on removing the angled shoe rack, and making the space flat for storage. Upon removal of the shoe rack, I found very little insulation. You might try adding some tape to seal around the shelf and shoe rack to block some of the air flow. I will add insulation into the space behind the shelf and shoe rack, then seal the gaps before replacing the trim.

Bw2, did you leave the main framing for that shoebox in place? I don't know a lot about this but I recall during one of the Montana factory tours they pointed out to us that the real purpose of that structure is to provide support for the cap when going down the road so the wind pressure doesn't buckle the cap. I would think so long as the basic structure is there you'd be fine. Or maybe it's not a problem. Just wanted to pass that info along.

What I'm referring to, Bw2, is the Montanas with the older front cap with the shoe shelf that is part way up from the floor and does not go all the way across the cap. Most of the 2006 models have that older cap but I'm not sure if they all have the same style shoe shelf. The late 2006's have the new nose. I don't know if my caution applies to those.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote