Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
A lot of Flex in Slide Floor

2018 305RL - We just finished out 2nd weekend outing. We've noticed that there is a lot of movement in the living slide (with the theater seats and dining set). When we returned from our trip yesterday I stepped into the slide to arrange the dining chairs and felt the floor flex...a lot. We really hadn't noticed that it was the floor that was so weak.

With just the 2 of us we need to be careful sitting at the table for fear of spilling something sitting on the table...it moves/bounces that much. It feels like the floor would break if we had 4 adults sitting at the table.

Has anyone else experienced this? Hopefully it isn't normal.

jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:11 PM   #2
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Yes the floor is very thin. Best I can tell only about 5/8" thick. The only support is around the perimeter. No floor joist or bracing. If I put my weight in the slide between the table and chairs the table moves a lot.

We spend two months in ours during the winter. Often have a couple over to sit at table and play cards. I have found a 2x6 turned on edge will barely slide on top of slide arms and under floor. The 1/4" space left over I jam window squaring wedges between floor and 2x6. Makes floor very sturdy. Not practical for over night stops though.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 03:59 PM   #3
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Ours separated from the wall. Fixed under warranty
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote