Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Visit from the Sheriff

This is an update from our theft a month and a half ago. Yesterday, a detective from the County Sheriff's department showed up. It looks like two 15 year olds did the break in. They don't have enough to arrest them yet but they are working hard on it. They wanted pictures of my fishing vest and just happened to have one on the PC. The dad of one of the kids saw a Wyoming fishing license to someone from Illinois. That would have been when we lived in Frankfort. Sounds like they have both stolen a car before and some other run ins with the law. The laser tire temperature gage was confiscated at school. Hopefully in the next two weeks they will have enough evidence.

Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Ron, I hope they throw the book at them but we all know they will just get their fingers slapped and they be right back at it within 24 hours of their release.

Glad to hear you are getting some of your stuff back.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:24 AM   #3
mgdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3481
Ron hope they get them too but you know as Glenn says they will get a slap on the wrist. Kids got into my garage stole a case of beer and some wine. They ran across the neighbours lawn and got into their parents minivan and drove off. Luckily the neighbour got their licence plate no. The police investigated found out they were only 16-17 yrs old and all they got was a slap on the wrist. I never got my booze back.
mgdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:22 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ron,
You might want to consider moving to another CG for when they get out!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:20 AM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ron, everyone knows they'll just get a slap on the wrist, but my main concern is the recovery of your Colt. That needs to be found and back in your possession!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:43 AM   #6
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
The parents need to be slapped if they don't take care of their kids after this. But then again you said they have already had grand theft auto on their records so Dad hasn't done much before this. If it was my kid he wouldn't be able to walk for a week, and I would probable be in jail, because you can't touch your kids if you know what I mean. No discipline and no respect for other's things. You know what the bible says: Spare the rod spoil the child!
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #7
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Fire5er

The parents need to be slapped if they don't take care of their kids after this. But then again you said they have already had grand theft auto on their records so Dad hasn't done much before this. If it was my kid he wouldn't be able to walk for a week, and I would probable be in jail, because you can't touch your kids if you know what I mean. No discipline and no respect for other's things. You know what the bible says: Spare the rod spoil the child!
I think you hit the nail on the head. You discipline a child the way it was in the old days, you won't only be in jail, they'll take the child away from you.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Ha! pre 10 year olds carry the 800 number for child abuse in their pocket - or have it memorized.

Ah! The good ol' days!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Ron, I hope they throw the book at them but we all know they will just get their fingers slapped and they be right back at it within 24 hours of their release.

Glad to hear you are getting some of your stuff back.
Wont happen Glenn, there minors and will probably go to juvy hall for a few months, and go out and do the same thing all over again of maybe something worst. the court system is too relaxed on 2 and 3 time offenders because of there age, make the parents or guardian responsable for the childrens actions.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:06 PM   #10
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
As for as discipline, there is very little out there. And a lot of parents just use the excuse well they will say I'm abusing my child. My Son is a Cop and has seen this many times, its never the kids fault or my child wouldn't do that. Times have changed so much, our jails are full we just don't make the punishment hard enough. I really think its time to put the parent in jail with the child. And make them make the big Rocks into little ones. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #11
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
If you get a conviction against the CHILDREN, consider a civil suit against the PARENTS. This from an ex LEO.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:05 AM   #12
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I really appreciate everyone's opinion, and in some ways I agree, but, have to jump in with (even tho many will slam me for this)

Have we ever considered what it might be like to be the parent of a troubled child?? Have we ever considered what it might be like to try to get help for that child?? Ever tried asking the officials, law and other wise to help you cause you know that kid is over the top and heading for big trouble?? Have we ever considered how laws passed to protect these kids from abusive parents will act as a hindrance for parents trying to help their kids, discipline their kids??

No subject is black and white.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:50 AM   #13
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
It all still falls back on how the child was raised ,tought, right from wrong, there is nobody out there that can convienve me that a man, woman, teen, even small child dosen't know when they are doing wrong, if not why do the try to cover up what they did.
when I raised my two boys I told them to think of what they are doing, and if it was wrong they would have to pay the consaquences, that I was not comming to get them out of jail.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:34 AM   #14
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Don,

Do not want to argue with you bout it,

There is mental illness, there is mental chemical unbalance, there are a lot more things that all tie into a child in trouble than a simple, I told you this is wrong, see ya behind the jail cell bars.

This is far too complex and not sure it is the place here on MOC.

I pray for all those parents that are dealing with way more than they are equipped to deal with and cannot find the help they and their children need. If you think the current economic situation is complex, try getting help for kids in trouble in our massive care systems.

Walk a mile in my shoes.

and:

There but for the grace of my maker, go I.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote