Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2015, 02:08 PM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have met a bunch of MOC folks over the years. We have been to 9 national rallies and several regional rallies. There is a large group of us who winter in the same area in Florida. I will bet we have met face to face with a couple hundred MOC members. Great people.

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:34 PM   #22
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I was on RV net for years. Lots of "troll" posts. Especially about the "serious problems " the author has had with his rig. Long drawn out stories that get people excited and angry. Some are true horror stories for sure. Others and just looking for another place to repeat themselves. When you offer to help them, they never take you up on it. When you do some web searching, you find their story anywhere someone will listen. But in the mean time, many who ever had a problem, blindly jumps to their defense! Sometimes the treads go for days and we see all the same old posts.. Yet noone knows if the person posting is genuine. If a person never responds I make a note about them. I also look at other posts they make. Yes, I am judgemental about "the angry posts"! Spent my life in customer service, and it makes me suspicious. What's other side of the story? Lastly I always try to thank people who tried to comment about a question I posed on this site. I also try to be open minded and I offer to help. Most of the time, these people have much that has been redacted from the true story.
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 03:36 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We are on three Rv forums Escapees, MOC and RV net also the keystone Facebook page. MOC being a owners forum is the most valuable. We have the same rigs and share very common interest. We have learned so much from fellow MOC'ers and IMO that information has prevented many troubles.

Escapees is a very different forum and of IMO great value to Full timers. We joined years back when we were considering full time.

RV net is a huge mix of all brands with not much supervision but can be informative.

MOC is our primary forum because we have a Montana. If we had a Jayco we would be on the Jayco forum.

I am one who likes to learn and ask questions. You can do that on MOC and always get a answer and help.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:42 AM   #24
rafael33155
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13290
Send a message via MSN to rafael33155
sorry haven't been around had knee surgery but i'm back
rafael33155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:23 AM   #25
Annaoinga
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15850
I'm pretty new and ask questions and try to always say thank you. You guys are great and I hope to be able to share info as we learn things. I sometimes can't find my post after a couple days..... Like I asked about auto leveling and came back today to see the replies but now I can't find it.....

Not sure what I did.....

Anyway, I really appreciate everyone that takes the time and effort to share info and provide guidance!!!!

Annaoinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 02:34 PM   #26
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by rames14

Perhaps I am different than others on the forum. I often ask questions or reply to people asking questions. When I ask a question, I usually try to reply so that the people know I read their feedback even if I didn't do what they suggested. I see a lot of people lately that post and then that is the last you hear from them. We all learn from solutions to problems or why someone chose to purchase one thing versus another. Just venting. Perhaps no one else has noticed the same thing.
Ron, I have noticed the same thing in different forums and other venues over the years. Comes down to poor communication skills IMO. We can all miss something now and then, but it seems to be coming all too common. Feels a little bit like being ignored and nobody appreciates that!
Old 06-03-2015, 08:31 PM   #27
Jimmer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14208
I really like the forum and have found it very helpful. I find myself going on the forum probably 3 times per week. Thanks for all of the good input.
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:35 PM   #28
Jimmer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14208
I really like the forum and have found it very helpful. I find myself going on the forum probably 3 times per week. Thanks for all of the good input.
Jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:46 PM   #29
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Overall as a fairly new member I have received pretty good feedback. With the amount of members that belong to this forum I would have to say that there is a silent majority. I am very appreciative of the vocal minority members that give info and feedback to questions from the new members like myself. I want to personally thank those members that take the time to answer the questions that are asked on the MOC forum. I myself feel that old and new members can get good information for their problems or questions from the members willing to contribute. I am happy to be a new member of MOC along with being a new owner of a Montana 3160 RL LE. Thanks again especially to those members willing to reply to questions from us newer members that are trying to learn from this groups experience. Happy camping and safe traveling to all of you.

Tom Marty