Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2007, 07:34 AM   #81
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
In this case, RMccord asked for information on Mike Thompson RV, but seemed to ignore it. I know one post said, "run, run, run." That would have probably been enough for me to not purchase there unless I was getting one hell of a deal, or I had promises from Montana management that Mike Thompson RV was going to be fine. IMHO, I primarily blame the dealer and am not convinced the dealer ordered the rig with a generator or a sliding tray. And even if they did, why would they have accepted it from the transporter with these items missing. If they did order it correctly and accepted the rig, a smart dealer upon realizing these items were missing would have picked up the phone and reported the problem and assured RMccord that they would have everything taken care of.

kwolff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:16 AM   #82
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
No doubt this dealer has a lot of blame in this situation, but I wouldn't be so eager to let Keystone off the hook. We all see evidence every day on this forum of their lack of workmanship. And, let me save someone the effort; it is apparent in other brands also.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #83
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
This really sounds like a dealer mistake. When a unit is ordered, the dealer gets a conformation sheet. He should check it, especially on a customer special order, and make sure it is what was ordered. When the unit arrives on the dealers lot, he has the opportunity at that time to inspect the unit to make sure everything is correct. At that time he can accept or refuse the unit from Keystone. Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #84
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
I gotta wonder: If a dealer refuses delivery of a unit from Keystone, How responsive to the dealers needs will Keystone be in the future..Also, who pays for the return trip? Does the transpo company get paid for the return trip?? Seems like there may be more than meets the eye here.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:01 AM   #85
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Could the dealership have ordered more than one and showed them the wrong unit?
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:48 AM   #86
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you have been on the factory tour you may recall the sheet attached to the unit being built that indicates the ordering dealer and the build details. The dealer or the factory made a mistake.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #87
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
Well I did receive a call today from a top Keystone Executive and he was very polite and apologetic. We had a good discussion of the events that occurred that day at the scheduled delivery. He was surprised to some degree and he made an offer to lend assistance or help in other ways but I advised him that for the time being we have moved on. I did appreciate his call and let him know that. We did not talk specifics on what his offer was as I had advised him prior to getting to that point that we had now moved on after a 2nd trip to see a unit still plagued with some of the original issues. He understood and did not argue our decision. He offered to help us in the future should we decide to go with Montana again which I thought was a nice offer and we will certainly keep this offer in mind as we have enjoyed the Mountaineer very much and may be back to Montana at some point. I felt I should let the group know that as far as my letter to him he followed up as I anticipated on the first day of his return and was very cordial and great to speak with. Too bad we could not have spoken to him sooner.

If there are any other developments as I promised I will post them.

Bob
RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #88
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Nice to hear someone did call you - finally. Still think you made the right decision and I would have done the EXACT same thing you did - walk away.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #89
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
RMccord-

I totally agree with Icehouse....a little too late, but at least there was a follow through.

I still think I would of reacted as you did. There has been too many times my husband and I have been "taken" because we have been on the "passive" side, but we have been learning from our experiences Less learning and more enjoying is our motto!
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote