Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2007, 06:45 AM   #21
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Ragdoll,

I would have preferred to buy locally as well but, that wasn't to be. The local dealer is only 8 miles from the house and 6 from the storage yard. After we had ordered our 3075 I got a call from the local sales guy. He said they had just received a 3075 and wanted us to come and take a look at it. I told him too late that ours had already been ordered and would be in in 2 weeks. He asked where we bought it and then told me that could have beat the price. I told him but you had 2 chances to make deal with us and didn't even come close. His next question was "So, who do you think is going to service it for you?". What a sleaze bag! I am sure that their service department will take my money regardless of where I bought it. However, if their sales office is constantly playing games I am reluctant to trust their service department.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You are a new RV sales person and a customer comes in looks at the sticker price and says "I'll take it" and begins to write you the check.Don't know..would you say ..oh no, don't do that I will sell it to you for 30% off sticker????Having sold thse things for several dealers at Rv shows we were always amazed at how "uninformed" (read dumb) the average buyer is.They just beg you to take advantage of them.
I was never able to be a full time sales person because I could not do those things. I would actualy tell folks that their truck could not pull the camper they wanted to buy from me.Other sales persons would tell me "that was not my problem". Just as a good salesperson needs to learn how to sell these things..the buyer needs to learn how to buy them. One of the best places to learn is right here on this forum.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:05 AM   #23
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I want to purchase local but when I get a local price that is $10K higher than I have a quote for I think I can handle a 2500 mile drive for about the $1500 it will cost me. Or as an option if I could find some one to do a PDA for me I might think about paying the shipping back home. I would be happy to pay a MOC member to look over my Monty, with no liability.

I went out and shopped the price to some dealers on the West Coast via the INTERNET yesterday and will see if I get any action. I find it hard to believe the difference between the East and West coast even taking into consideration the transportation cost. I don't want to drive to Ohio from Washington
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:20 AM   #24
mdklek
Established Member

M.O.C. #5514
Send a message via AIM to mdklek
We went thru the same experiece about a year ago. Learned that the Mfg does not establish MSRPs, but that each dealer can set their own MSRP. We found huge variances between dealers. One was $12K less on the MSRP for exact same unit. Bottom line, you have to do your homework before sitting down with the dealer.
mdklek is offline   Reply With Quote