Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2007, 07:19 AM   #1
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
more questions

Sitting here with the mind going 1000 miles an hour.
Where is the furnace located, where is the water pump, is the awning a problem, how do you like the porcelin toilet, tub or shower, how is the am/fm/cd/dvd/ all in one/ better than the old quest?, do you like the new couch.
Boy, guess I better take some pics today!!!!

rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
one thing at a time...
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Test the shower before you buy. Ours shrunk. It must be the water.
Like the toilet.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #4
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
It's all good...
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Don't worry about those things just enjoy your new unit when you get it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:19 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rick,

My awning has not been a problem in 3 years of use, furnace is under the stairs, water pump should be next to your hot water tank. The shower is great, can fit more than 1 person in there if you ordered the neo-angle. Keep the questions coming...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:21 PM   #7
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Rickety,

First CONGRATULATIONS!!! Now relax, during the 8 weeks I had to wait after ordering my 3075RL I also had all kinds of questions but, now that I have had it 3 weeks it is amazing how quickly all of this becomes apparent. You are going to love your new 5th wheel and it will be, beautiful, well made and everything will work because that's the way Montana makes them. It has taken me 3 weeks and three trips to finally find something that isn't perfect. I have a missing trim piece under a over hanging cabinet. If that is the only thing I ever find wrong then life is very good.

However my answers to your questions are:
Where is the furnace located?
The first time you turn it on you will know exactly where it is, and you will feel the heat coming out of the opening on the outside of the rig.
Where is the water pump?
I have to admit I don't know but, it works and I didn't think it was very noise.
Is the awning a problem?
We opened and closed it twice during the PDI without any problems. It hasn't exactly been awing weather here in California lately. However the heater has been getting a workout and it works real well.
How do you like the porcelain toilet and shower?
Just like home. They work and no problems.
How is the am/fm/cd/dvd/ all in one/ better than the old quest?
I don't know anything about the old quest but, there are a lot of buttons on this thing and I can't find the owners manual.The DVDs look great on the LCD TV.
Do you like the new couch?
We don't have the new couch but, the dog likes to sleep on the one we do have.

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Rick, you will do fine.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:37 PM   #9
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Rickety, Just relax (easy for me to say) You have a bunch of questions and that is great. Now take all of those questions with you when you do your PDI and check out everything in the Monte. As you go through the Monte make sure that each and every question is answered. If your guide doesn't have an answer, make him get one.(I'm sure he will)
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 12:52 AM   #10
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
After the PDI go to your shakedown place to stay and have a great meal, bottle of wine, kick back in your lounge chairs, and enjoy that moment in your new Monty. All the rest will be knowledge gained in it's own time........ Sometimes one just has to learn to enjoy the moment, even though the excitement reminds you of waiting for Santa at Christmas.......
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:51 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rickety, I think you're talking 3400RL? If you want to see how ours is setup, www.geocities.com/stevereigle and click on "Our Home".

Sometimes they change things but here's where they are in ours... ours was built 8/18/06.

Furnace - between refrigerator and shower, just aft of basement storage area.

Water Pump - behind the connection center in the basement storage area. Remove the surround on the connection center to access the water pump.

Water Heater - you didn't ask, but it's under the peninsula where it attaches to the wall.

Awning - Not sure what you consider a problem. Ours works well and is deployed as I write this.

Porcelain toilet - higher, more comfortable, easy to clean. We replaced the cheesy plastic seat with a wood one from Walmart. The standard home toilet seat fits beautifully.

Shower - We have the garden tub/shower. It is smaller than in our 2003 3295RK but I think that's true of all 2007 models because of the room stolen for the king bed option. Just a guess but it's probably true of the 3295RK also.

Quest - can't really say. We didn't have the older one. This one seems to be fine. Our FM reception is not good but somebody told us to put up the tv antenna and turn on the booster. Sometime we'll try that. We don't often listen to radio except in the truck.

New couch - Ours was before the new couch. We replaced the old one with the aftermarket home hideabed we had in our 3295RK. Vicki commented when we saw the new couch that had that been available we'd have kept it. We sat on one at the factory tour during the rally and it was very comfortable but that was a very short trial. I'd see if I could find one at a dealer or rv show before making the decision to spend the money.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:50 AM   #12
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Thank you all for your answers and support. We love our 3280RL, but feel that we will enjoy the extra room. This is going to be our home and I want us to be as comfortable as we can be, while Phllis finishesout her retirement.
Again thank you all for answering my questions and your positive input.
Rick
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote