Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2017, 12:58 PM   #1
bowill4
Established Member

M.O.C. #8111
Question 3791rd

is there anyone on the forum that has a 3791RD and if so how do you like it,Looking to buy one

bowill4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
I have a 2016. Love the storage inside and out ,far as i know its the most exterior storage of the Montana,s Also we like the three separate rooms with the steps to the bedroom and living area.
Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:33 PM   #3
stengels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14162
Send a message via AIM to stengels
We have had our 2018 3790 since early July and are really enjoying it. I think the only difference is the refrigerators. Ours has the 18 cu ft RV refrigerator. Since we full time, the storage is a huge issue. The sliding tray storage under the family room is incredible. Still trying to figure our how to utilize the single furnace with the two thermostats. This is our first unit with the heat pump, and we really do like that. I would recommend the rig if you like the floor plan.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:17 PM   #4
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowill4 View Post
is there anyone on the forum that has a 3791RD and if so how do you like it,Looking to buy one
I have been researching Montanas, Alpines, Solitudes, and Big Horns for more than a year now and I keep coming back to the Montana 3791RD as the best bang for the buck as well as the most practical for our purposes, not to mention the "feel like home" layout. Now that I have sold my Alpine I am waiting patiently for winter to start and end so I can order one. At this point nothing will change my mind unless they come out with a model that has a wet bar and a dancing pole.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
can`t make this stuff up

WE just bought the 2018.5 3791RD with the residential refer. The 2018.5 has a new interior with a nicer fireplace and cabinet arrangement than the 2018 first run, comes with a 2" receiver hitch on the back now and a massive pull out tray and storage compartment on the rear for those late night border crossings. The only thing that is lacking is the bathroom, it is tiny for the size of the camper. Our salesmen said he has lost Montana sales over this and sold customers the Heartland Big Horns because the shower and overall bathroom is bigger. Some people are just (--a--little--to--large-- ) to fit comfortably. A tad expensive but you know the old saying " you can`t take it with you". You`ll like it, my wife loves it.
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #6
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
I agree that the bath is on the small side but it does have good storage cabinets for towels and other bath related stuff. I'm ok with a small bath. I would rather have the space allocated to other living space. For those that want a larger bath, the Montana 3811ms is a good option.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:50 PM   #7
Golfmedik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18474
Even with the problems we had with our '16 37890RD, we still love the unit! Great storage and even better storage now with the new rear area. The only one in comparison to it is the Solitude 375RES/375RES-R. They too are nice rigs.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:48 AM   #8
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
WE just bought the 2018.5 3791RD with the residential refer. The 2018.5 has a new interior with a nicer fireplace and cabinet arrangement than the 2018 first run, comes with a 2" receiver hitch on the back now and a massive pull out tray and storage compartment on the rear for those late night border crossings. The only thing that is lacking is the bathroom, it is tiny for the size of the camper. Our salesmen said he has lost Montana sales over this and sold customers the Heartland Big Horns because the shower and overall bathroom is bigger. Some people are just (--a--little--to--large-- ) to fit comfortably. A tad expensive but you know the old saying " you can`t take it with you". You`ll like it, my wife loves it.
We also took delivery of our 2018.5 last week and are very happy with it especially the new interior changes and the huge amount of storage as we are full-timers. The slightly smaller bath than our 2012 3585SA had is not a problem for us. We consider the larger/beefier shower a good trade-off. The 3791RD is absolutely perfect for us.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:47 AM   #9
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
We really like our 2015 3790RD, we have had a few small issues but nothing big at all. Gearbox for the one living room slide was biggest pain in the A... otherwise the circuit breaker upgrade on the hydraulic pump & regular maintenance stuff. The storage is the best and the new ones have even more outside storage. We almost upgraded to the 2018 model this year due to the rear pullout storage however a couple things the new ones don't have that we do is the changes to the bathroom door, don't like the new "bi-fold closet style), also they don't have the clothes hamper in the bedroom anymore and also the kitchen sinks are a wayyyyy smaller than ours. Also ours has pull outs for all the kitchen cupboards & storage that the new ones don't have. Plus's that they now have are the stairs up to bedroom & living room aren't carpeted anymore and that outside storage pull out at the back. In the end they wanted $20,000 difference to trade outs in so we decided not too. The Solitudes are pretty much the same unit, like some of the finishings in them but the Montana arched ceilings make them feel roomier than the Solitude's and they wanted $30,000 difference on a trade for a new Solitude.... so we plan on keeping our 2015 for a few more years as we wouldn't give up the storage for anything...
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #10
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
We just got our 3791RD and I think it's the "Cat Meow". We were also looking at the same four that topjustice was (Montanas, Alpines, Solitudes, and Big Horns) as well as Forest River and DRV. So far I'm very satisfied with the fit and finish, like the res reefer and the massive storage and the new ones come with 4,080# g-range Sailun tires. Got it in the driveway getting it all decked for the road and learning the buttons and switches.
masterdrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:35 AM   #11
FordMan1966
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15933
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
We just got our 3791RD and I think it's the "Cat Meow". We were also looking at the same four that topjustice was (Montanas, Alpines, Solitudes, and Big Horns) as well as Forest River and DRV. So far I'm very satisfied with the fit and finish, like the res reefer and the massive storage and the new ones come with 4,080# g-range Sailun tires. Got it in the driveway getting it all decked for the road and learning the buttons and switches.
Looking at the same unit now. The storage is great and the floorplan is awesome. My only problem is the driveway is steep and the rear hitch drags. Lowered the fifth wheel hitch in truck last night (I had 9 inches of clearance between bed rail and bottom of camper anyway) hopefully this will help about 3/4" of raising the rear. Wondering if the hitch is welded or bolted on?
FordMan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote