Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2019, 07:27 PM   #41
Normal Norm
Established Member

M.O.C. #23516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmarlow82 View Post
Oh, we hear ya we have the same unit I made s PPT and gave to my dealer with all our problems Their quality control is severely lacking, and plan to spend time at the dealer We had trim falling off the walls, doors that didn't seal, furnace that would not light ( burner was rusted due to water intrusion) and the list goes on
It's the standard Keeps the dealers in business as service takes weeks to schedule , and all at your expense Our dealer has been super fixing our unit, but the industry needs a wake up call and better lemon laws to protect buyers
Good luck I wish you the best
Ours goes in for 11 month check up next week They have a long list, , including leaking gray and black tank valves, tank heaters not actually working, improper wiring ( fuse label is not right) , no shut off gas valves at stove or hot water tank, no shut off valve for water line to frig ice maker under kitchen sink as shown in manual, and lots of sealing issues
Be careful if you go FT where it gets real cold .. all season on our unit = all seasons in Florida
Misery loves company, not really, now it’s all about how long CW will take to fix all these things. Day off to take the trailer there a Day off to pick it up, this is costing me money.

Normal Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #42
Normal Norm
Established Member

M.O.C. #23516
What is a High End User ?
Normal Norm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #43
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal Norm View Post
What is a High End User ?
They just use the elevated area over the hitch!
Sorry, just couldn't resist
I assume he means that they use it a lot.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:18 PM   #44
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemoore View Post
I was soooooooo lucky as the only problem we had was the refer and that was replaced befor we left the dealership. I would be scared to death to but another rig no matter who makes it.
Strange. I've read horror story after horror story on so many 5r threads. We got our 2018.5 3791RD from Holiday World Willis 18 months ago. One thing found during the PDI was a propane leak in the switch over valve. They changed it right then. We have had no other issues except when a driving rain during travel gets water under the furnace burner intake blower, the igniter will fail to work several times. One time I drained water out of the burner assembly to get it to work. That's it two issues. Well, I found some loose screws on the wheel skirting and fixed that also. The 5r has been just great - my first one to buy. Just too many bad ones are getting shipped out the door. Sad. The only thing that can change the industry is for people to stop buying them....
Old 06-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #45
SirCampsalot
Established Member

M.O.C. #19186
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
They handle Keystone, now if Montana dealers would follow suit.

https://www.rvbusiness.com/blog/texa...AtleO8wsi8otFg
This is a entire RV manufacturing industry problem top to bottom. Demand has driven mass production and the old proverb of "make hay while the sun shines". Unless someone makes them accountable to the consumer it won't get better on its own. This is at least a start towards "it's not right until we say it's right to ship". Having a in house QC group is like the fox in charge of the hen house. When up stairs says we need to get units out and you work for those up stairs what do you think happens? Ready or not they go out the door headed to the dealers. The dealers then obsorb the cost of correcting problems that shouldn't be theirs in the first place. Warranty work and PDI are plaguing the dealerships and its being done at a cut rate pay back from the manufacturer that dealers can no longer afford. I say "Right ON' Fun Town organize other large dealerships to do the same. It's like sending your food back to the kitchen at a restaurant. Eventually they figure it out or go out of business. Of course in the mean time they keep sending it back out after spitting on it. I think the spitting part is where we are in the RV industry. ✌️
SirCampsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:50 PM   #46
GILAELKHUNTER
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24575
What about those leaking slide out motors? They have been doing it for a few years now and keystone doesn't want to fix them. Just install drip pans??? Really what about all the ruined rubber slide roofs, and what happens when those leaking motors run out of oil? I thought when I bought a Montana that I was really getting something top notch. I am second guessing myself now.
GILAELKHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #47
himtaxguy
Established Member

M.O.C. #15764
YES!!!!
himtaxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #48
GILAELKHUNTER
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24575
Wouldn't you think that they would go through these things to make sure everything is right before they leave the manufacture, and then the dealer would check them when they receive them before putting them on the lot???
Old 09-04-2019, 06:19 PM   #49
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by GILAELKHUNTER View Post
Wouldn't you think that they would go through these things to make sure everything is right before they leave the manufacture, and then the dealer would check them when they receive them before putting them on the lot???

Our Camper World has another way to find problems.
Sell them and let the customers find the problems. Honest that is what they do. I have a long time friend who worked there. If you find a problem you will either fix it, which saves them the trouble or bring it back. They never haft to spend their time looking for problems. Pretty smart.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #50
GILAELKHUNTER
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24575
I have learned an expensive lesson: do not buy very far from home, we bought ours 700 miles from home and the dealer knew that I wouldn't be bringing it back. Now to find a service center that will help me. Keystone is no help, and I feel like the dealer is just laughing at me behind my back. I really feel like I am screwed..
Old 09-04-2019, 08:38 PM   #51
browens62
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21399
When I called about some issues and ask about inspection. She pulled the delivery records and said that those items are not noted on the delivery sheet.
browens62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 08:30 AM   #52
jpwhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23248
I will withhold detailed comment on Montana quality control for the time being, but generally it is disappointing. Good quality control results in consistently good product being delivered. The auto's have improved their product over the past 20 years and they push it down their supply chain, the RV industry seems to be struggling.
jpwhite is offline   Reply With Quote