Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
DTV DNS waiver

Six weeks ago I sent in my DNS waiver, and today I spent two hours trying to track it down. Nobody seems to have a clue where it is and we are hitting the road before the 1st of Nov. Does anyone have a blank copy of the waiver that they can either email or fax to me? I don't have one because I sent the only one I had back to DTV. I have a fax # for DTV DNS service but need a blank form so I can fax it to them. The first one I got back within a week because the trailer registration was expired. So I send the new registration in and they seem to have lost it. HELP.... Dave and Betsy xnavydvr@nnex.net Fax# 715-547-6891

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Call DTV 1(800)531-5000, they can take your information over the phone and submit it to the networks. At least thats what they did for me when I asked about upgrading to HD.

rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good info, Bob.
We ended up with both East coast and West coast feeds, don't know if that is normal, but we are as happy as Clams. We Tivo our favorite programs, then ZIP; no commercial. Spoiled we are. So, we can record 2 at once, then later at night record the show that comes on West coast time that we would not have been able to see.
So, Dave, you might ask for both East and West coast feeds, expands your options. Good luck on that wavier.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Roque, tried that and got the same stuff from them that I got from the their tech support plus they said I couldn't get DNS cause I already have local channels DUHH. Tried to explain to her that I would not be taking 2nd dish with me cause I was going south. At this point she started to give me the "we give you a new dish when you get moved" sales pitch, so I finished the call and posted the problem here and on the Escapees forum and Datastorm users group forum and wow did I get responses. 6 of them with links to the form I needed and the fax # to boot. So to all the rest who responded Thank You Very much for all your help. We hope to see some of you either around south Ga,Virginia Beach, north Fla, or out west around Q or Tucson... Dave and Betsy
Old 10-26-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Here is the fax # for DTV waivers 208-363-6444 and here is the url http://www.directv.com/learn/pdf/DNS_Vehicles_Aff.pdf this is a pdf of the waiver form. Hope this helps one of the MOCs... Dave and Betsy
Old 10-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
kerry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7125
A question about HD-DNS. I have , and have had for a long time, East & West non-HD DNS. I just got the HD service from DTV, but they tell me that I can't get E & W HD-DNS. they say that since I'm in the Eastern time zone, I can receive only the HD-DNS East feeds, not E & W at the same time. Something about FCC regs. Any input from anyone on the subject? Kerry
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:24 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Maybe I got both the East and LEFT coasts because I am in Missouri, smack dab in the middle.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #8
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Someday we will all get the same information from these clowns. I have had nothing but inconsistent information from all of them.

My vote is to walk on our current provider as soon as I can find some consistency....might be a long time.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote