Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
Schmill
Established Member

M.O.C. #4052
Location of manual slide crank on Montana 3295RK

We have looked all over for the manual crank on our 2003 3295RK. The Lippert slide manual shows a location through the frame for the crank.
Our 3295 has the all weather package with full belly pan.

We would really appraciate any input as to where the crank extension may be, I have crawled around under the unit several times and still can't locate.

Thanks for your help out there.

P.S. Thanks a bunch to bsmeaton for his response to our question regarding slide power problem, we have a new solenoid coming.

Schmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 07:48 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
In our 2004 the crank layed loose in the basement compartment. It is quite possible the previous owner took it with them. I would contact the dealer you bought from a ask for one at no charge.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:35 AM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Jacob, I have replied to your email but I thought I should also post my answer here...

The crank I was thinking about is of course the manual front legs crank.

So far as I know there is no crank or wrench to manually crank the slides in or out. Some use an adjustable wrench on the square tube under each slide. The bedroom slide is not included.
You'll access the bedroom slide mechanism from under the bed. That requires lifting the mattress to access the storage area under the mattress. Than removing the plywood that forms the base of the storage area. Once the plywood is removed the slide mechanism will be exposed.

There is not a lot of room for the wrench to turn making this a long process. Place the wrench on the square tube and start turning. When doing this be sure to relieve any pressure from the hydraulic system.

BTW-When removing that plywood under the bed you will find a ton of unused space. Some have gone so far as to cut that plywood in half and hinge it making that area a great place for plastic tubs for additional storage. Just be sure not to interfere with the slides operation.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
I assume that yours is a hydraulic slide system like ours is. There is a way to turn the pump manually if there is a power problem. The instructions are on the pump. If there is a hydraulic problem, like a leak somewhere down line from the pump, you may be able to push the slides in or out, as the case may be, if there is no pressure in the system.

Never had to use the manual system so I don't know how well it works or how long it takes. Hope I never find out. Good luck with yours.
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Depending on what year, the slide pump in the front locker should have a hex male fitting. I'm not sure the size but it's a standard SAE size. A socket on a manual breaker bar or ratchet will do it but an electric drill with socket is a lot faster. I'm sorry I don't know which years have that but I think it's at least the last three years (I think).
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote