Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2016, 04:16 PM   #21
Ricos Ride
Established Member

M.O.C. #18095
I have InCommand on my 2016 3611RL and really like it. I use it with my iPhone but it will work with Android phones also. It's nice to be outside, take out your phone and move the awnings in or out. At night I leave the led overhead accent lighting on and after I'm in bed shut it off with my phone. Have used it once to turn the generator on about 15 minutes before arriving to site and have the A/C cooling the house down. Want to impress the neighbors? Sit at their campfire and turn your outside lights on or whatever LOL

Ricos Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 03:57 AM   #22
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Congratulations & Welcome to the forum!
Part of the enjoyment of owning a Montana is this forum.
This is a great place to share and find information about your Montana.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:31 AM   #23
NorLager3

M.O.C. #18853
Hello Dan and Ruth. We are Dan and Michelle from OH, new to forum and Montana. We have a 2017 3160RL Legacy with the In Command. It does take a little getting used to but it's been good. We had a couple problems with a message "Not Connected to BCM" which we reset by turning off the coach battery and turning back on. The first time it happened we did panic slightly because we had a arrived at the cg after an 8 hour drive and just wanted to get set up. Since then, we've done lots of experimenting in the comfort of our driveway! Congratulations you will love your new Montana!
NorLager3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:56 PM   #24
_MP_
Established Member

M.O.C. #19068
Congrats, we pick up our 3950BR on Friday, going to take it slow and steady with that check list.

_MP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:14 AM   #25
Biscotty
Established Member

M.O.C. #10193
We've got it too, but have never been able to get it to sync with the IPhone. Even called in-command directly and they were bumfuzzled.
Biscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:36 AM   #26
dhartsparky

M.O.C. #19056
I just picked up my 3731FL with In-Command and love it, of course I haven't had any issues as of yet. I paired my android device pretty easily and love the fact that I can put my slides out while I'm outside looking at them coming out but even better, I love being on the roof with my electric leaf blower and blowing the slides off while bringing in the slides while it's raining, what a great deal. So far I love it and am very happy.
dhartsparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:22 AM   #27
John Neeley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19277
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dhartsparky

I just picked up my 3731FL with In-Command and love it, of course I haven't had any issues as of yet. I paired my android device pretty easily and love the fact that I can put my slides out while I'm outside looking at them coming out but even better, I love being on the roof with my electric leaf blower and blowing the slides off while bringing in the slides while it's raining, what a great deal. So far I love it and am very happy.
David..... I finally got around today to intergrate my android to the in-Command system and of course with no instructions, I looked at the Youtube video about a dozen times, running back and forth to the RV with some success and sometimes not. I finally got it paid to the DCM by using the android bluetooth way, pairing it up and it worked fine. Got it going sorta.... I can control the water pump, ext/int/sec lights okay and on the homescreen I see the battery voltage, and some tanks......but......it wont scroll down to pick up the awnings, slideouts, etc buttons. I wonder what your secret was?? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

John
2016 Montana 3440RL Legacy-Andersen 3200 Hitch
John Neeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:47 AM   #28
John Neeley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19277
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by John Neeley

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dhartsparky

David..... I finally got around today to intergrate my android to the in-Command system and of course with no instructions, I looked at the Youtube video about a dozen times, running back and forth to the RV with some success and sometimes not. I finally got it paid to the DCM by using the android bluetooth way, pairing it up and it worked fine. Got it going sorta.... I can control the water pump, ext/int/sec lights okay and on the homescreen I see the battery voltage, and some tanks......but......it wont scroll down to pick up the awnings, slideouts, etc buttons. I wonder what your secret was?? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

John
EUREKA !!! got it all going perfect now.....geez, sure would be nice if they gave you a manual and the Youtube video addressed the scrolling.... but at least it all works now...put it through its paces with flying colors....found out though that the main screen has to be connected to the main system for it to work, so has to be left on, but blank screen, so no biggie... I am not a person favorable to touch screen anyway, always like to push button and flip switches...guess it is my old electronics background in me??
Old 12-13-2016, 05:02 AM   #29
_MP_
Established Member

M.O.C. #19068
Hi & welcome, we picked up our 2017 3950BR in October. It didn't come with the in command system, and our dealership didn't recommend having it. They said they had experienced some problems with it (specifically that the software crashed/locked up when the owners needed it most).
_MP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:09 AM   #30
John Neeley
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19277
I too would have preferred switches to the in-Comm, but that is what came with it, a 2016 closeout. I have had switches go bad too, so maybe 6:1:half dozen?? It is the fact that the computer is alot more $$$ to replace and repair vs switches.... oh well...
Old 12-18-2016, 07:01 AM   #31
Dusters
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19305
The biggest issue with the In-Command is the BCM (the brains located in the electrical location in storage areas) and syncing the Bluetooth during setup after travel. It has taken a lot of time in the dark and you feel helpless to do anything else until it comes back on-line. Other than that it works great under normal conditions.

Montana 3820FK
Henry & Lita