Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
dmonaghan

M.O.C. #11520
slides creep out after closing

I'm having problems with my slides creeping out on my new 2011 3150RL and dealer doesn't know why?

dmonaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:19 AM   #2
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Do a search on "creeping slides" and you will find several previous posts. Mine were creeping. Dealer first replaced the main slide ram and later, the hydraulic pump. Mine is a 2005 2955RL.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:37 AM   #3
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
Ours did the same. I had the bedroom slide creep and they replaced the cylinder. Then on the way to Quartzite they both came out about 10" and CW in Bakersfield checked it out and said it was the pump. Lippert made my dealer do lots of test and 5 Months latter the approved the pump replacement and they really didn't want to do because they had replaced the cylinder a year before. They figured that was enough on the warranty coverage which is 5 yrs.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
As eluded to, this issue has been touched upon several time over he years. It takes a little mechanical aptitude, but it can be diagnosed at home ... however as new as yours ... find a dealer to repair it thru warranty. Basically, (1) any one of the slide cylinders could have an internal leak, (2) there is a check valve in the pump assy that might have all ready failed, (3) any leak on any hydraulic hose could cause movement. Are you loosing fluid in the reservoir as you cycle the slides? If so, that would indicate a leak. If not ... isolate each hydraulic cylinder one at a time as in capping off the hoses then let it sit watching for movement. Simply shutting off the slide controls inside your side compartment will not isolate each cylinder. That flow control only shuts off one of the 2 hoses going to each cylinder. There is a procedure to follow on the Lippert website as to doing the checks if you feel capabile. A major difference in a regular hydraulic system and our slidout hydraulic systems is that the pump rotates in one direction to extend and the opposite direction to retract. What I refer to as a regular system is the pump rotates in one direction only and the system uses say a 2 position valve to accomplish directional change.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 AM   #5
Wiesehan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9711
Send a message via Yahoo to Wiesehan
I have had this same problem. When first discovered we were on the road and it would happen within a few minutes after closing slides, I would look in mirror and one or more slides would be starting to creep out. I was at dealers and Keystone several times before resolving the problem. After having the Level Up system installed, I am again having the slide problem, only this time it takes a couple of days for them to start moving. Coach is currently at Lippert to resolve issue. I hope to pick up later today IF they found problem and fixed it.
Wheel to wheel SS side bars
Wiesehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Our "creeping" slide problem was cured about 5 years ago by replacing the hydraulic pump. The check valve in the pump was bad.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote