Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2007, 05:59 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Damage your video cable for the rear camera?

I had a pin break in the little cable connection from my truck to my Monte back in San Antonio; no workeee. I was afraid I would have to replace the whole darn cable from the camera to the front.
I did a little searching in K.C. and found a short cable and spliced it into the front plug in where the original was bad. Not a big job, just 4 connectors and a ground, I would suggest soldering and shrink wrapping the connectors.
The cable I got was from Electronics supply, web site is WWWeskc.com
A GC part # 32-3166 12' S-VHS Video cable for around $5.00.
Your home Tv and surround sound S cable is only 2 strand; (I tried that)
The wires are not the same set up in color, but Ohm each one and just switch them around to the proper configuration.
Hope that helps someone. Oh, it is a color camera with sound and a mirror image reversal from Tim at RVCAMS system. Other systems may be different, but probably not.
Ozz

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote