Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Leaving for Oklahoma

Well Gang we are leaving about 2 AM in the morning for Woodward Oklahome for a long overdue visit with our grandkids. Leaving the Montana here this time as this will be only about a 5 day trip. Hope to maybe to see one of you on the road.

prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda and Walt, drive safe and enjoy the trip. We leave Tuesday, going south, then east, from the Kansas City area so we'll probably not see you on the road.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Prairiepoodle and Reigels -

Be safe on the road. I imagine the ice storms will be North of your travels, but it looks like we will be getting some of it in the Chicago area tomorrow a.m. - just in time for my return to work from the holidays. Enjoy your trips.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 11:42 AM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Thanks Guys but the weather has been bad sence we left Hattiesburg, when we hit Oklahoma city it has been nothing but fog for the past two days. I hate to wish my life away but I wish it was time to go home. LOL
Old 01-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If the latest forecast holds we'll be a couple of hours ahead of the ice. We have an appt for the house in the morning with our dealer. Hopefully he can get us out of there by late morning. The ice is supposed to hit in the afternoon. We could end up being stuck here for awhile if this doesn't work out. Meanwhile, checked weather along our route and looks like we'll have rain all the way or nearly all the way.

Linda, it will get better!
Old 01-03-2005, 12:23 PM   #6
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Steve & Vicki and Linda & Walt...Travel safely. Good luck with the weather. We were fortunate to get back down to Crystal River, FL from WV between storms. So good to get back to the sunshine. Be sure to let us know when you guys reach your destinations.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #7
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Oh My God it is real bad here in Oklahoma, When we woke this morning the truck was covered with Ice and it was raining. We decided to get out of there by noon and a good thing too,, I just talked to my son and trees are down all over the place and most of the town is out of power. We traveled east to Oklahoma city and then south and now are in Ardmore Oklahoma. The fog is still bad but we had to stop and get a motel room and just hope that we can get out of here before this storm gets here. There has been wrecks everywhere so I am praying we can just get back home safely.

The one good thing that has happen is this Motel has free wireless internet so I could get on the forum. Any way I will check back in when we arive home and I hope that is tomorrow..
Old 01-09-2005, 03:59 AM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda and Walt, haven't seen a more recent post. I hope you got out of there ok. We **just** beat the ice in getting out of Kansas City. Actually, we beat ice on the roads but there was ice on the trees and power lines as we were leaving. And I had to chip ice off the north and west sides of one of the landing gear to get the thing up out of the way. But the roads were pre-treated and we took it slow until well out of range of the ice. We had three full days of rain, sometimes rather hard to see, but we're in warmer weather now. We're in Perry, GA, until Monday when we head on over to Savannah. Sure hope you folks got out of OK ok.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:28 AM   #9
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Steve, We were suppose to leave woodward on the 5th but on the morning of the 4th we got up to 2 or 3 inchs of ice on the truck. Well the trees was hanging low and the power lines look like they could snap at any time. Well we left around noon and there was ice everywhere but like you the roads had not yet iced over. We traveled to Ardmore Oklahoma and It was just rain there. It rained on us all the next day untill we almost got home. Let me tell you I was so glad to get back here, I am so glad that you all made it with out any ice on the roads. I had called our son from Ardmore that night and the motel that we were staying in and most of the town had lost all power..
Old 01-09-2005, 07:44 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That's great to hear you got out of there safely. I hear there are still something like 400 homes in the KC area without power and it's 5 days since the storm. Where are you now, Hattiesburg?
Old 01-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #11
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Yep! We are in Hattiesburg right now and having problems with the rain and the humidity, it has been so bad today that my ceiling has been wet and dripping water on my head all day. My walls are also wet I think we went from bad to worse. I cannot wait till we move back west where there is not much Humidity. Untill we moved here we never had any water in here at all and the other night Walt said that he felt water driping on him while he was in bed. Well I know that we were not leaking so I got to looking today and had wet spots all over the ceiling... I am going to look for a DE-Humidfiyer... Please forgive the mispelling as I am on firefox and I have not been able to get spell check on this browser.

Please understand that we are not leaking but have so much condensation that it just looks like we are leaking. Thanks Steve for asking. Tell Vicki Hi and you all enjoy your stay in savannah.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:37 PM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda, something must be wrong. You shouldn't be getting moisture dripping off the ceiling and walls. We have just once had anything close to similar to that. This past week when we stopped while on the road we had moisture on the bathroom mirror and on the front of the bedroom cabinets were damp. It never happened before and not since. That happened when we left Kansas City at 32 degrees and pulled into Greenland, AR, and it was 62 degrees and humid so we figure it was the rapid temperature change and also the humidity change. But otherwise we've been in humid situations many times, both warm and hot and never had that problem. I know you do a lot of cooking. Do you open vents or windows to vent moisture when you cook? Just a thought.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:53 PM   #13
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Steve, You are probley right about all the cooking I do, however I think that where we are parked has a little something to do with it also. This park is a very nice place but there are so many trees and we get no sun light to warm or dry out the RV or the ground during the day. It may be 50 degrees but inside the Montana it is cold and damp all the time, when we run the heat it steams up the windows. I don't think we will be staying here too much longer. I too was very supprised to find the ceiling wet and all the walls and doors wet, also the doors are swelling so that the bathroom door won't shut very good. Of course it has rained a lot here and that has a lot to do with it too. Right now it is almost 5 AM and weather bug says it is 55 degrees and it feels like it is 40 degrees in here. Hate to run the heat as propane is 2.75 a gallon here now,ugh!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:42 AM   #14
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Glad that both of you survived the ice storms. We had 8" of snow last week, ice last night, thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow and we are supposed to be at -7 deg for Friday night. As they say here in Chicago, if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:17 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Linda, I don't know what to tell you. We've spent a lot of time in all kinds of weather and have never experienced what you are experiencing. I'm really sorry you're having this problem but something is building up humidity within your Montana far more than it should. If you can track down the reason, you'll probably be able to solve it. The outside weather should not cause this problem, or at least it never has for us other than the one situation I described above.

Are you paying separately for electricity? If not, a couple of electric heaters can work wonders for saving propane. The park we're in now wants $19 and tax to refill our 30 gal bottle. That's pretty close to what you're paying, too. We thought we'd be paying separately for electricity in this park but I sure don't see a meter anywhere so we'll use electric for primary heat and propane for backup.

Good luck. I hope you get this moisture problem worked out.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:35 PM   #16
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
In our TT, the freshwater tank was under the bed. It let loose in a construction area when a semi came into our lane and we were nearly run into a retaining wall. With the ensuing swaying, the tank shifted and broke the 2x2's and pulled the drain hose off while opening the valve, emptying 40 gallons of water into our bedroom. We ran the heat, wet dry vac'd and ran a fan. But we had lots of moisture in our unit. I doubt you have that much water anywhere in your unit. It could be the condensation that Steve talked about from the temperature change. Once the moisture is in the unit, it takes a lot to dry it out. Heat and airflow would work the best. You need to have the air exiting the trailer somehow or you're just recirculating the water. Perhaps running heat higher and leaving the roof vents open. Just a thought.