Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North American MOC / Florida Region
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #1
Montana_2481

M.O.C. #2481
mail

hi folks,
we plan on taking our recently purchased montana to florida this winter for two or three months, the question i have is, how do we get our mail? thank you in advance,,,, john and jackie

Montana_2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:47 AM   #2
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
You can sign up for mail forwarding with several companies. I know of three that do this specifically for rv'ers. We use alternative resources in sioux falls, SD. They give us an address where we have our mail sent. They forward to where we are on our instructions. We have the weekly mail plan. Another is AmericanHomeBase in Pensacola, FL. And Escapees in Livingston, TX. Some folks use places like Mail Boxes, etc.

I think the urls are as follows.

www.alternativeresources.net

www.escapees.com

www.americanhomebase.com (not sure on this one. might do a search)
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:39 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Thanks Steve for the great info. Happyrving.....
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 07:03 AM   #4
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jackie

hi folks,
we plan on taking our recently purchased montana to florida this winter for two or three months, the question i have is, how do we get our mail? thank you in advance,,,, john and jackie
Jackie & John,
Another option is to obtain an internet based mail account such as Yahoo or Hotmail. These are free browser based mail services that will allow you to access your mail from a web browser from any system that has access to the internet.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:57 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Correction to one of the urls I provided. The url for American Home Base in Pensacola is http://www.amhomebase.com .
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:37 AM   #6
Montana_1280
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1280
Quote:

hi folks,
We live in our unit fulltime but still have a home base. We plan on Florida for Jan-Mar, 2005. Will be in 2 locations. One for a month and the other for 2 months. My home post office agreed to forward our mail. All we have to do is fill in a forwarding card with campground address and give them a start and end date. I did check with each campground to see if they would receive mail. Some don't like to do that. There is always the option to have it delivered to General Delivery in whatever town/city you are near.
Montana_1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 01:53 AM   #7
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 315RLS

Quote:

hi folks,
Jackie & John,
Another option is to obtain an internet based mail account such as Yahoo or Hotmail. These are free browser based mail services that will allow you to access your mail from a web browser from any system that has access to the internet.

(ops just automatically assumed this was email not snail mail)
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 02:10 AM   #8
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Ejay, my inlaws use to get a po box in the town they were going to be staying at. It was for 6 months but you can get your mail. I think it costs about 40 for that time. As alongcamejones said, fill out the card and wala.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:45 AM   #9
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Have the post office forward your mail where you will be staying for those months.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:53 AM   #10
Jeilering
Established Member

M.O.C. #509
When we travelled before retiring and planned on being gone for only 2 or 3 months we would have our mail held at the post office until our return. We discovered trying to forward mail resulted in the post office computer notifying the sender that we had a new address and that created some problems. Another option would be have a friend or relative collect the mail and forward to you weekly. Some campgrounds or set up for temp. mail delivery and some don't like to mess with it. We now travel full time using our daughters home as our mailing address and she forwards to us wherever we may be. Also I am fairly sure the post office will only forward 1st. class mail, no bulkmail or 4th class, which includes your IRS forms, magazines, ect.
Jeilering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 03:05 AM   #11
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Our post office will only hold mail for one month. This last trip we did manage to get them to hold it for 2 months but that was a one time deal. There is very little mail that we actually MUST have. Most all our bills we now do on auto pay or we can access via the computer and take care of it that way. That has worked very well so far. But I can see the day coming when we will want to get one of the mail forwarding companies to take care of this problem. Well that is if I can ever talk the wife into being on the road more often.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote