Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2012 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Classes, which classes, Kinda important to read

For those attending the Fall Rally there WILL be two classes (well, that is what I signed up to teach, TWO classes ).

We have a poll going here. Please vote! Tell me which class is most important and interesting to you.

Here is what else you need to know to successfully attend and learn from these classes. This is a HANDS on event, you will be an active participant.

You will need to have a computer, like your laptop. You should come with the battery fully charged. HOWEVER, also bring your power cords. Bring an extension cord or two. We run power cords ALL over the tent, and in the past (and hopefully this year as well) been able to supply all students/attendees with juice, err, power.

You need to be able to get on line, the fairgrounds has had wifi available in the past (I have not verified this to be true for this year, but, I will). It is pretty good wifi, especially up in the tent area. But, you must be able to get online.

You need to be able to get ON the forum, you MUST know your passwords. Repeating that, you MUST know your password.

It would be very helpful to come to class knowing a bit about where your photos are stored ON your computer, and if you are really advanced, where you can store your photos online. The pre-requisite for both of these steps is of course to figure out how to reduce your photos to a size that is acceptable, meaning, much smaller than what comes OFF your camera and probably you phones and tablets too. (This is assuming that one of the classes will be about photos on the forum, which at this point is the most popular according to that poll.)

I will have handouts available for the classes that I teach, I like to know before hand how many to print. So, at some point I will add a sign up sheet for each class.

So, in short:

1.) Have a computer and power cords.

2.) Know how to get on the wifi at the campground.

3.) Know your passwords to access the MOC.

4.) VOTE!! for the classes you think are the coolest thing yet! LOL

(P.S. If you have an iPad or Android tablet, you will probably be able to follow along for the most part. I won't promise you can edit your profile with one. But, if your iPad or Android can get on the net you can follow along with a lot of what we will be chatting about. So, if you have one, you need to know how to get it online, just like the computer. We will not focus on tablets, we will focus ON computers.)

In closing, DUDES!!! pay attention here. If your other half will be interested in these classes you need to tell the other half about the poll NOW. We are fully aware that more DUDES than CHICKS read this forum daily. So, help us out here, sit her down and show her this stuff!

Now, VOTE!!

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Alrighty now folks, voting will be closed around Labor Day, so, please wander over and have a lookie see and vote!

See ya at the Rally!!!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote