Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2004, 03:40 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Beckley, WV, until 8/27, then Haymarket, VA

We arrived today at Shady Rest RV Park about 10 miles east of Beckley, WV. We'll be here until morning of 8/27. We then move to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park near Luray, VA, for a week starting 8/27. We'll have two of our granddaugters with us while at that park.

Any members in the area having a chance to stop by, please do.

8/18 - Scratch the part about Luray, VA. One of our granddaughters now has some mandantory school band things she is required to attend on 3 of the evenings we'll have them. Luray would have been a 200-mile roundtrip for each of those three. So we've changed plans. From 8/27 thru 9/2 we'll be at Mountain View CG at Silver Lake, near Haymarket, VA.

Visitors welcome. Just let us know so we can plan to be there.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 02:02 PM   #2
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Steve, on our return trip from Florida this coming spring we plan to stop in the Beckley area.In the past we stayed at a KOA and was not pleased.Can you get back on how you rate this Camp Ground.It would be just for over night would be interested in pull through site.

Thanks
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 01:50 PM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ken, all the sites in this park are pull-thru. Cost is $20 for full h/u. $17 if escapees. Full hookups, including 50amp if you want. Sites are gravel pads along a large grassy hill. We are in site 4 and are the most level we have ever been anywhere - both the water closet door and the shower door will stay open right where you put them!. It's a quiet and secluded park, about a mile and a half off I-64, exit 133. The hard part is abougt 3/4 mile of the access road is one-lane gravel with trees hanging a bit low. No problem, they're soft branches. We've been here 3 times - overnight, a week, and now ten nights. You probably won't need reservations. There are a lot of people in and out of here but I've never seen it full. If you decide to stop here, please tell Steve and Sonja hello from STeve and Vicki. They are super people and live in the farmhouse up on the hill. It's a clean park. Modem access is in the office but if you ask Steve will leave the door unlocked all night for you. Just turn off the light and close the door when you leave. Beckley is a local number from here. Steve changes the water filter frequently but there's a little bit of iron taste, which Brita gets rid of. That seems to be par for the course in this area from what we're hearing. It's not real bad, just wanted to mention it up front. Not a big deal to us, we use a Brita filter.

If other questions let me know.. post or email, either is fine.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #4
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Ken, all the sites in this park are pull-thru. Cost is $20 for full h/u. $17 if escapees. Full hookups, including 50amp if you want. Sites are gravel pads along a large grassy hill. We are in site 4 and are the most level we have ever been anywhere - both the water closet door and the shower door will stay open right where you put them!. It's a quiet and secluded park, about a mile and a half off I-64, exit 133. The hard part is abougt 3/4 mile of the access road is one-lane gravel with trees hanging a bit low. No problem, they're soft branches. We've been here 3 times - overnight, a week, and now ten nights. You probably won't need reservations. There are a lot of people in and out of here but I've never seen it full. If you decide to stop here, please tell Steve and Sonja hello from STeve and Vicki. They are super people and live in the farmhouse up on the hill. It's a clean park. Modem access is in the office but if you ask Steve will leave the door unlocked all night for you. Just turn off the light and close the door when you leave. Beckley is a local number from here. Steve changes the water filter frequently but there's a little bit of iron taste, which Brita gets rid of. That seems to be par for the course in this area from what we're hearing. It's not real bad, just wanted to mention it up front. Not a big deal to us, we use a Brita filter.

If other questions let me know.. post or email, either is fine.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:09 PM   #5
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Steve, Thanks great info we will be sure to stop
Ken
Old 08-23-2004, 02:40 PM   #6
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Steve worked with 2 guys from Beckley for a while. I had to got to W V to finish my retirement. I worked 60 or 70 miles from Beckley near the Ky. line.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:22 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Hi Gene,

One of these years we want to get down that way and will be sure to find out exactly where you are. This year, however, we'll be headed NE to pick up a couple of granddaughters.

Today we took a drive on US and state highways down SE almost to Bluefield, then NE to Lewisburg. Had dinner in White Sulphur Springs. Then we hightailed it home on I-64. This is probably the one state we've ever been in that I can say the entire state is just beautiful. As always seems to happen in this state, today we ran across so many things to stop and see, little things nobody puts in their state brochures. Gorgeous state.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:08 PM   #8
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Yes Steve & Vicki come on anytime. You are always welcome here. I agree with you on WV. being a nice place. I met alot of nice people there. Only thing I was there 32 mos & better half was in Western Ky. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote