Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > The Medic
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
New CPR method

The New, simpler CPR method

Interesting to note that certification is not required.

If you haven't seen this, you should. If you have seen it, it won't hurt to see it again.

This is a new CPR technique which is much simpler.

This is a very important video regarding the latest CPR procedure. Please watch and forward to your friends and family if you haven't already done so. You never know, a life may be saved utilizing this new procedure.

http://tinyurl.com/2fx8r59

Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
clutch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7329
That was interesting. Thanks.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:15 AM   #3
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Most of the time when I reply to a post, it is at the spur of the moment. I watched this video last night and again this morning before posting.

I have been involved in Emergency Medical Services for 33 years as a volunteer and 5 years as a paid EMT since retirement. I have taken numerous CPR courses and the required updates. I believe that more people would get involved with performing CPR by not having to do the rescue breathing but that's not what is being taught today. I do have a problem with people watching a video on YOUTUBE and thinking that they have all the answers.

Before starting CPR, you must be sure that the person is not breathing and has no pulse. Although the video states that you check for unresponsiveness, it says that "You do not have to check for a pulse." I would not want to be the person who just fainted and have someone jump in and start pumping on my chest. YOU WILL BREAK RIBS IF YOU PERFORM PROPER CPR. That could lead to more serious medical complications for the 'just fainted' person. Would the GOOD SAMARITAN laws cover you then? Could you use the defense that "I saw it on YOUTUBE"?

The safest and most productive way to learn CPR is by taking a course given by the Red Cross or American Heart Association. You will learn when to and when not to perform CPR. They will teach you proper technique and you WILL be certified. They do still require rescue breathing.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:32 AM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
John and Judy-- Very good point! I taught CPR for a few years with the American Red Cross and of course it was the old method with the breathing and chest compression. This new method is much easier and works just a well. We were at a conference about a year ago and this new method was shown to us. I do believe the Red Cross and the American Heart Association are both teaching this new method now along with the older method since this method cannot be used on children and others as explained in the video. I personally have not taken the class on the new method but would like to. I do believe it will save more lives because there are so many people that do not want to do the breathing part of the CPR older method. I think everyone should know CPR and if it wasn't so late in the planning stage for the Fall Rally, I think a class in it would be a great thing to have for the MOC'rs in attendance, maybe we can get it for next year! Did you read that MOC Administrators and/or 2011 Wagon Masters??!!??
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:31 AM   #5
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
What a GREAT Idea!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #6
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Medical personnel are taught the "regular method for CPR" and they are now teaching the public the method using only the chest compressions. suposedly as effective but I am not totally convinced of it. Jan RN
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote