Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
3rd Annual Gathering of the Montana's

I want to thank you all for coming to the 3rd Annual Gathering of the Montana’s in Quartzsite. I also want to thank all that helped make this event a great success. Robbie and Alice did a great job making our nametags. Susan was very helpful with all the gals making the gem stone nametag lanyards. John, Bill, Dave, Jim, Phil, and all the others that helped with the nightly fire, thank you. Carl and Susan co-coordinated a potluck dinner and Carl cooked two Turkeys in peanut oil that were out standing. Michael and Renee kept us all feeling like we were in the Palm desert with their lit palm trees. Mel and Joy kept us warm with their propane patio heater. Dick helped by greeting in coming members and helping with getting them parked. Charlie provided the maps and News Paper for the Quartzsite area; Jo-Anna got the group together for the picture in front of a Montana, and took many pictures during the gathering events. Carl also helped out by taking pictures and posting them on the MOC to keep the membership up to date with our activities. Michael and Renee provided the outdoor games. Mary Kay put together a great visitors day which we all enjoyed. Everyone just made this a very enjoyable event and I want to say Thanks to you all. See you next year.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:40 PM   #2
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
What a great time we had!! We would like to thank Doug for all his work. It just does'nt get any better than this was. What a great group of people. Those of you that didn't attend really missed a wonderful time.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Doug,

It was a great Gathering, Dawn & I really enjoyed meeting all our Southern Neighbors !!
5 Days - 4 Nights is the Longest we've ever (Boondocked).
Thanks for being such a great Host.
Hope we can make again next Year.

John & Dawn
Old 01-27-2008, 02:42 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Vicki and I would like to thank all of you involved in putting this gathering together. What a terrific job you all did! We truly had a very enjoyable time. We enjoyed meeting those we'd not previously met and renewing acquaintances with those we had.

Doug and Sharon, thank you very much for the loan of the generator. Without your generosity we would not have been able to attend this enjoyable event.

We hoped to get around this morning to say goodbye to each of you. But, with this rain and wind I'm not sure we're going to be able to do that. If not, then bon voyage' to each of you. We hope to run across your paths again one day.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:38 AM   #5
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
Doug and Sharon, I want to thank you for putting on such a great Rally! I had such a wonderful time with such a nice and friendly group of folks. There are about eight rigs still here and several of us will be hitting the road tomorrow. Hope to see you guys next year in Q. Safe and fun travels to you both. Allison
Old 01-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #6
kwolff7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6687
Doug and Sharon..............Great rally. Our first. You did a wonderful job and what a great turnout. Everyone makes you feel so welcome. Next time I want to spend more time around the fire and be out and about. I was busy memorizing for an initiation I had to perform yesterday. It went well and am I glad that is over. Much too old to memorize. Hope to see you all again soon. Karen and John
Old 01-29-2008, 03:03 AM   #7
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Doug and Sharon,
Thank you so much for all the good times and fun! we will definitely be there again next year! Sorry you can't be at the Spring Rally, but... the babies must come first, especially on the first birthday.
Joy & Mel
Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
Doug and Sharon, Thanks for the great times at the rally. The campfires were great and meeting new people and getting to see the great people we met last year. As for the SOB's, they are in Rockport, TX. They did take some time in Tucson to look at Montana's. Maybe next year they will join the circle in a 2955. Safe travels to all. Don and Judy
Old 02-01-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
mtheo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6171
Thanks to all for the warm welcome we recieved. We will most likely be there again next year.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #10
Dennis Korchak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2419
Doug and Sharon, thanks for organzing a great gathering. Jackie and I had a fabulous time. We meet a lot of wonderful fellow MOC Members. We are looking to do it again next year. We stopped in at Mel and Joy's in Yuma and discovered Dennis and Mary Kay staying there. Unfortunately, Mary Kay, Joy, Steve & Vicki went to Algadonas the day we dropped by. We had a nice visit with Dennis and a great tour of Mel's Dad's place.
We are now at Casa Grande. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone in the future.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:15 PM   #11
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Doug and Sharon - we loved our first boondocking experience and you did a wonderful job organizing the circling of Montanas. We enjoyed meeting new people, people we only knew from the forum and seeing folks we met a other Montana rallies.

We have been in Yuma since Sunday and will be heading out on Tuesday for parts yet unknown.

Thank you for all your efforts in making this a GREAT experience!

Jo-Anna and David
Old 02-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #12
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Doug and Sharon, it was depressing to sit here amid the snow and cold and miss the warmth and joy of our friends. Forget the RV show, that's just a little window dressing to the best way to start off a new year. It sure sounded like a wonderful gathering. I think boondocking adds wonderful dimension to the group dynamics. Lots of sharing, lots of learning, lots of fun...and we missed it.

We're still trying to get out of here, and there seems to be a window next week. Of course, it means a week or so of computer work in Vegas, but we'll still have a good time.

Now we look forward to meeting with you in April and another tour of the southwest. Maybe we'll get to the Grand Canyon this time, too.

Bob
Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 AM   #13
FRED S
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4621
Doug and Sharon:
Just want to say thanks for a wonderful time at Quartzsite , and for making our friend Dick Benson (SOB) feel welcome and right at home in the gathering and activities with us. Hope to see you again somewhere down the road
Fred
Old 02-04-2008, 05:57 AM   #14
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Doug and Sharon,
Even though you are right next door and we have already said thank you in person (with a glass of wine of course!), we wanted to say thank you again on the MOC. Each year the Q adventure is better than the year before and this one was terrific. It was great to see so many familiar faces again and to meet those new to the Q experience. We might even think about being Wagon Masters next year, that is of course, unless you are already planning to do it next year which would be great also!
Thanks again,
Michael & Renee
Closed Thread