Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #1
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
Ruskin, FL

We are thinking after many years in South Texas relocating to the Ruskin, Fl area next winter. Looking for a park that has weekly organized activities, such as dances, golf, bowling etc. Not interested in bingo and various card games. Don't mind parking on grass but definitely want paved streets, concrete patios with side walks so not be in mud when it rains.

ANY SUGGESTIONS? Ed & Laura

winter texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ed DW and I and 2 other couples are in brandon fl rite up the road from ruskin. we rode down there a few days ago went by to see the manatees at the power plant at apollo beach. there is alot of things to do in the area just do some research Great area. we are here to eat strawberry shortcake and ice cream LOL. we stay at citrus hills rv park for the month feb. I think fl would be a nice change for you folks.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 AM   #3
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
Thanks Bobby. We are trying to get more info on Manatee RV Park on Hwy 41 in Ruskin. Looks like a nice park with a lot of activities. Plan on calling them after the first of Mar. We only came as far south as Port Aransas, TX this year. The wind here is a killer.

Ed & Laura
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ed I am close so if it would help I will ride down and take look and see it in person. we will be here till monday or tues next wk so I will ck it out in a couple of days. We looked at one in sarasota today but its a mobile home and rv park. big place and very nice just what you wanted but they only have 8 sites available and as of this time they are taken would have to call in july to see if one is open.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #5
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
Thanks Bobby. Don't go out of your way but if driving by, maybe cruise through and tell us what you think.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Hi Ed and Laura,

Not sure if this site (http://www.tampasouthrvresort.com/) is of any interest to you. I just spotted it on Good Sams but have never been to it.

Good Luck
Dennis and Judy
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:46 AM   #7
winter texan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7510
Dennis we found that park in our searches and talked to the ladies who work there 3 or 4 times before booking for 3 months next winter.
Bobby also drove through that park and gave a favorable report. Said sites are a little close (as many parks are) but appearances of grounds and upkeep were very good.
We said goodbye to Brownsville last winter and spent this winter @ pioneer Park in Port Aransas TX. Very nice park and we met a lot of great people but the constant winds were too much. We knew when we got up each morning the wind would be blowing. Just didn't know from which direction. Plan to arrive @ Tampa South before Xmas.