Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2019, 07:26 AM   #21
north7

M.O.C. #6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
Thousand trails was one of the Parks that we checked out. It was very nice and it made our short list of possible Parks we like. We still have a couple of more to check out.
If you'd be willing to share the parks that made your short list, it would be very much appreciated. My wife and I will be retiring in 3 years and I have also started some online research into this subject as we would like to spend 3-4 months each winter in this general area. However, as we are from Canada, checking these resorts out in person is a bit restrictive.

Thanks.

north7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #22
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I-4 Tampa /Orlando and on the route of the theme parks is a nightmare. We winter very close to I-4 (exit 55) and rarely use I-4 as we know how to get around other than I-4.

The strip (192) is also a nightmare due to all the tourist accommodations (hotels, Motels, Condo rentals and many, many restaurants most of them very good. We personally would not and did not choose a Campground along 192 although there are several nice ones.

We are less that 20 minutes away from all the things we said are nightmares and we less than 2 mins from I-4 that we stay away from most of the time.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:29 PM   #23
kc8lvy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19861
Quote:
Originally Posted by north7 View Post
If you'd be willing to share the parks that made your short list, it would be very much appreciated. My wife and I will be retiring in 3 years and I have also started some online research into this subject as we would like to spend 3-4 months each winter in this general area. However, as we are from Canada, checking these resorts out in person is a bit restrictive.

Thanks.
We checked out around 20 RV Resorts/Parks. We wanted to be fairly close to Disney and Universal Studios. Our 5th wheel is 40 feet long and we need 50 amp power and we need to have room on our site for 2 vehicles. Our criteria for our short list was a resort that we wanted to live in all year and not just for a few months so our short list maybe different than yours. There were alot more Resorts that were a little further away but we wanted to be in the heart of it.

Here is our short list.
1)Tropical Palms RV Resort
2)Thousand Trails RV Resort(Orlando RV Resort)
3)Lake Magic RV Resort
4)There was a nice KOA next to 5) Theme World RV Resort
6) Sherwood Forest RV Resort

Please remember that we are looking at long term stay. There were a lot of parks that would have been nice for shorter stays. We only checked out RV Resorts that were within 15 miles of Disney so if you don't want to be in the heavy traffic area check some a little further out.
If you have any questions about them or any other ones just post it on here and I am sure someone will know.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:39 AM   #24
north7

M.O.C. #6970
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc8lvy View Post
Here is our short list.
1)Tropical Palms RV Resort
2)Thousand Trails RV Resort(Orlando RV Resort)
3)Lake Magic RV Resort
4)There was a nice KOA next to 5) Theme World RV Resort
6) Sherwood Forest RV Resort

If you have any questions about them or any other ones just post it on here and I am sure someone will know.
Thank you very much. I have looked into a few of these but a couple of others are new to me. We too would prefer to be closer to WDW as we are annual pass holders and enjoy visiting regularly.

Good luck with narrowing down your short list!
north7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:01 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Those are all good campgrounds we have been to all of them. We have been wintering in Florida since 2008. We stay away from Congested areas . We just purchased a lot at Deer creek RV and Golf resort at exit 55 and RT 27.We have been staying in that area since 2008.We are @20 mins from WDW and @10 mins from the 192 strip were there is no shortage of good restaurants. That entire area is very congested due to all of the attractions being along I-4 and scores of tourist accommodations along the 192 strip.You will find your way around the congestion once you are there for awhile however we found it difficult to find the way around congestion when you live in the middle of it.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #26
KJT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23367
I would look down around Frost proof.
Nice area n quite.
Easy access to the Rat.
KJT is offline   Reply With Quote