Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2011, 04:26 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
OOOPS, now I have to do a mod

Forgot to mention yesterday that I now have first-hand experience with the quality of the interior door knob sets on the 3750FL. When I arrived back at the mini-storage, every interior door on the rig was ajar. I have known from day one that we had the rig that there were alignment problems with the strike plate and the bolt mechanism, and the adjustment was on my list of things to do. The temporary fix was to simply lift on the door knob until the bolt clicked into the strike plate. Well, that didn't work too well this time, I lifted on the door knob to do it this time and SNAP, the door knob comes off in my hand. I realize that these are a warranty item, but I think I will go to Lowes and get some real door knob assemblies for the replacements. This is the first time I have ever had a door knob snap off in my hand. The knob actually broke at the base, it didn't come loose. When we were looking at the rig, I had posted that I was thinking hard about replacing the interior doors themselves with solid panel doors, but held off due to the weight of the replacements, gotta hunch that the replacement doors may well go back on the "mod list". Hopefully this will serve as a warning to others with interior doors.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:58 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I always figured I would replace the toilet room door sooner or later; right after I bust it down when the door fails to open as some have. I've been gonna mortise the striker plate into the door facing also, as the fit is a little tight, and the door hard to latch. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:17 AM   #3
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
That happened on our knob on the bedroom door. It was lying on the floor. At first I thought the door was not closed when retracting the slide, but that was not the case. Thank god I did not shut the door. Might have took a while to escape.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:19 AM   #4
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Bingo....your supposed to turn and push, not lift and separate. So far, mine seem to be ok, but I will surely keep your experience in mind.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote