Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 AM   #1
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Crackdown on Sale of Aged Tires

This article appeared on ABC News Investigation

Good information here.
Safe Wheels? States Launch Crackdown on Sale of Aged Tires

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
That is very good news!
Thanks.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
Dean A Van Peursem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5583
Excellent news!
Dean A Van Peursem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
I recently put new tires on my coach. I told the dealer I needed to check the dates on the tires, so he checked them before bringing them out. They were manufactured the middle of '06. I of course told him I needed "new" tires. The ones he ordered in were 10 weeks old. I was Ok with those. The tires I replaced were almost 7 years old. Last fall, the treds started separating from the tires. I didn't have any damage to the coach as I was watching them closely. They were Maxxis tires and still had lot's of tred. I decided to get Maxxis again as I had received very good service from the old tires.

It is very important to check the age of "new" tires. If I hadn't, I would have been sold "3 year old" tires as new tires. BTW the dealer was very understanding since he knew I would never have worn the tires out before they became too old to trust.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote