Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #41
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Hey All,

My wife and I have been talking about this very thing. But I will tell you what I told my wife and she seem's to agree with what I said.

We are going to be living in a camper from now on. It won't be any real different then if we sold our house and move to another home or to a apartment ect. We have a kitchen so we can and will be cooking our own food's. Still have to go to the market's to get the same food that we have been getting while living in a house. Maybe not as much. We don't need to stock up on food's from Sam's or Costco's. We will limit us going out to dinner's. We will try to get out at least once a week. Lunch maybe hard when we are in a new place and we are site seeing. but try to eat healthy as we can. Maybe a salad or something small for lunch.

Exercise I hope that this works out the way they say it will. We have Silver Sneaker's gym membership. They have gym's all over the USA and Canada for us 65 and over the hill folk's to stay healty. I am hoping that work's out. The other is we have 2 bull dog's that would have us walk every hour of the day. So that is one way we exercise at home. The other is we will be looking our 5 star parks to stay in while on the road. Some of them have small exercise area's and pool's to swim in. So you see, just because you live in a trailer it's doesn't mean a lot of stuff has to change.

This is just MHOP. Hope that it help's. And if is doesn't work for you you will find something that will.

May GOD bless you always and be and stay healthy.

Charlie

Charlie 3931fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:55 PM   #42
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Ha! This thread REALLY makes me laugh. I said, back in April 1988, when I get out of the Army, I'll never exercise another day in my life! And you know what? April 1, 1988 rolled around, I was discharged, and I've held true to my word!

(Now, I love to hike, we have a canoe, bicycle, and have acreage to maintain. I split my own fire wood (we heat with wood), harvest our own trees, and constantly building or repairing something for myself, or someone else.

I'm 65 years old now, and still have not faultered from my commitment on April 1, 1988. I've never "exercised" since then.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #43
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
Exercising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie 3931fb View Post
Hey All,

My wife and I have been talking about this very thing. But I will tell you what I told my wife and she seem's to agree with what I said.

We are going to be living in a camper from now on. It won't be any real different then if we sold our house and move to another home or to a apartment ect. We have a kitchen so we can and will be cooking our own food's. Still have to go to the market's to get the same food that we have been getting while living in a house. Maybe not as much. We don't need to stock up on food's from Sam's or Costco's. We will limit us going out to dinner's. We will try to get out at least once a week. Lunch maybe hard when we are in a new place and we are site seeing. but try to eat healthy as we can. Maybe a salad or something small for lunch.

Exercise I hope that this works out the way they say it will. We have Silver Sneaker's gym membership. They have gym's all over the USA and Canada for us 65 and over the hill folk's to stay healty. I am hoping that work's out. The other is we have 2 bull dog's that would have us walk every hour of the day. So that is one way we exercise at home. The other is we will be looking our 5 star parks to stay in while on the road. Some of them have small exercise area's and pool's to swim in. So you see, just because you live in a trailer it's doesn't mean a lot of stuff has to change.

This is just MHOP. Hope that it help's. And if is doesn't work for you you will find something that will.

May GOD bless you always and be and stay healthy.

Charlie
I think that is awesome! I’ve never heard of a 5 star park. We have always done KOA’s because they had activities for the kids and now grandkids. They are nice, but there is no star rating. Am I letting the good things in life pass me by?
allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 06:52 PM   #44
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I think you haft to do something you enjoy. If you don’t you will not do it long. For me that is walking in the woods or on the small farms that join our property. One of my walks is through small pastures and out to the end of a small ridge. It is a 100 feet of elevation and a mile round trip. Another is about the same distance and maybe 200 feet elevation. I might see deer, turkey, bobcat bear or small game. This keeps my walk interesting.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 06:54 PM   #45
JABURKHOLDER
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18572
Back when this thread first asked the exercise question, I stated I did nothing. Since the nation-wide shut down and shelter at home orders, I did modify my do nothing routine. I have a three step program now...
Eat
Sleep
Poop
JABURKHOLDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 08:28 PM   #46
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenclme View Post
I think that is awesome! I’ve never heard of a 5 star park. We have always done KOA’s because they had activities for the kids and now grandkids. They are nice, but there is no star rating. Am I letting the good things in life pass me by?

That is something that I came up with (5 Star) for park's. We look at where the park is located, Look at the reviews from other people that have stayed at these parks. We look at any pictures that they might have. We will also call the park and see what they say about it. That's the last thing we do!.

Also we belong to RPI (Resort Park International) and they rate the parks

Charlie
Old 06-10-2020, 04:52 AM   #47
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Charlie, are you sure those are bulldogs? haha. We have 2 English Bulldogs and they wouldn't go for a walk if their life depended on it. Real couch potatoes.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:55 AM   #48
Frank64
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24370
My wife and I walk every morning. We try to walk no less than 3 miles. We will walk the different paths the campground provides. I also use my kayak about twice a week
The humidity is becoming a factor now. Hopefully it want impact our walking.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #49
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
We only get so many heartbeats so I don't waste any of them in a gym. I will do a few 12 ounce curls on occasion.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:37 AM   #50
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
I believe exercise is very important to one's livelihood. It's a stress reliever, it keeps you active, flexible, and healthy. I'm about to turn 52, and until my last breath, I will continue to follow some kind of work out regime. I walk my dog 2-3 miles every morning, I ride a road bike twice a week, and 4-5 days out of the week, I do the P90-X program at home. At my age, I'm leaner now than I was in the Marines. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you get out there and move your body.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:56 PM   #51
Charlie 3931fb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25947
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcNeal View Post
Charlie, are you sure those are bulldogs? haha. We have 2 English Bulldogs and they wouldn't go for a walk if their life depended on it. Real couch potatoes.
They are really good at being couch potatoes also, but when they see me going to the door, they come alive for about 5 minute's or until the walk is over...LOL

Charlie
Old 06-10-2020, 02:37 PM   #52
PeteandJoan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
We only get so many heartbeats so I don't waste any of them in a gym. I will do a few 12 ounce curls on occasion.
I'm in that category
6-pt Hydraulic leveling
PeteandJoan is offline   Reply With Quote