Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #21
agggitator
Established Member

M.O.C. #21185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted4110 View Post
Very possible. Tomorrow we drop it off at dealership and they can figure it ��
Cool, your dropping it off at camping world today, you should have a diagnosis in 4 to 6 months.....

agggitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #22
Jcroome
Established Member

M.O.C. #20350
Self leveling Jacks

A real common problem with that system is the electrical breaker is not large enough. I know you would think it was sized by the wiring and need but if you follow the forum you will find many folks including myself had to go to a 50 amp. It just kept stopping every 15 seconds cooling off for 15 seconds and resetting for another 15 seconds. Thought I would never be able to bring the Jacks up. I talked to Lippert and they said it took more juice to bring them up than to push them down. They also said, Keystone saved a little of $ and put the smaller breaker in and to go larger one. Never had a problem since.
Jcroome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #23
Beau2010
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18355
Like most everyone else, we had to replace the bimetal breaker on the wall behind the battery in our 2014. Symptoms were the slides would never open or close in one move; had to stop for a while so the breaker could reset. Once replaced a w/ 50 amp, no more problems. That undersized breaker along with a sloppy wiring job: hope that is all that's wrong.
Beau2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #24
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Let's hope the loose nut was the culprit. It doesn't sound like a problem that's been reported before.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 AM   #25
jockyparks
Established Member

M.O.C. #18741
I've had similar issues with my 2016 305RL Ted, although my motors haven't burned out yet. I've found that it helps to stack up 4 or 5 blocks below each leg - it seems to give the unit more scope to find true level without lifting the wheels off the ground.
Good Luck
jockyparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:08 PM   #26
Bikerz
Established Member

M.O.C. #18014
Auto leveling jacks motor burned out

Auto leveling jacks motor burned out

We had the same problem with our brand new Montana big sky. Whatever Bozo install the hydraulic motor didn’t tighten all the leads and the motor worked intermittently and then eventually burned up from arcing and crapped out ruining yet another vacation in our Montana. When the dealer and the manufacture proved hopelessly incompetent or unwilling to help we contacted Lippert who provided us with a new motor which my husband installed himself. Lippert was great to work with.
Bikerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #27
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Our rig came with a 40 amp breaker and the fix was an 80 amp breaker. We have had no issues since that fix. On the newer units that have the #4 strand copper wiring from the batteries to the pump, the larger breaker is just fine.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto level jack system, hydraulic