Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2014, 05:06 AM   #1
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
Just gotta LOVE the Internet!!!

So my truck's blower control (called an EATC - found on the Internet) started only blowing air as in defrost mode, although the display changed whenever I pushed other buttons. AC and heat worked fine, blower speed was fine, but air only went onto the windshield. Started trying to find out how to get the control module out of the dash - that's when I found it was called an Electronic Automatic Temperature Control thingie, and ALSO found out the little bugger has a small computer in it with a diagnostic mode! Turns out when you run the diagnostic and it finishes, it 'reboots' itself. Now it works just fine and blows cold air into my face whenever I want it to. Have to see if it lasts, but if not, I've found out how to remove & replace as well. Saved a ton of money just by spending some time searching stuff on the Internet!

Old 05-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Lucky you. When my '07 F350 started blowing thru the defrost only it was because rats/squirrels had eaten my vacuum hoses and wires to the tune of $400. And if that was not bad enough they did it 3 more times before I found Critter Ridder.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
That's true. I've saved a lot of money researching stuff on the internet. Hate to rely on all the new technology, but it does help at times. Seems that, no matter what you're looking for, there is something about it somewhere.

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote