Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > North America MOC / Western Region
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
gkidsdlite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12956
OZZ and others in Quartzite

I am longing for the day I can join you and all the others at Q and wonder if it would be too much to ask if someone could post a little story on the goings on out there say once a week so a fella can add to his dreams about being there? It sounds like so much fun to me but have to work about 3 more years so any "A Day in the Life" of a Q resident would be helpful?

Old 12-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gkidsdlite

I am longing for the day I can join you and all the others at Q and wonder if it would be too much to ask if someone could post a little story on the goings on out there say once a week so a fella can add to his dreams about being there? It sounds like so much fun to me but have to work about 3 more years so any "A Day in the Life" of a Q resident would be helpful?
I think that would be a super idea, many folks would like to read about it. Many pictures of pepople and the events would be super too.
I am a 'Slacker' and won't be there for the event, except for 2 days Sue and I will be coming over to meet people.
Enjoy life as it comes, your retirement and the fun travels await you.
Ozz
Old 12-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We would also be interested in such a post. Between our jobs here and our family coming to visit about then we may not get out there at all again this year, but would sure like to vicariously enjoy the fun.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
IF, I can keep the camera batteries, computer batteries and house batteries charged up and IF the connectivity is the same as it was 2 years ago (it was GOOD, REALLY GOOD) and IF I can catch up on my blog (I am behind right now and trying to catch up, but, holidays, and real life and stuff keep me behind), I know I will blog about it. Whether it will be in a timely manner is another thing.

Besides, I might just be too busy to blog, and I might be having toooooooooooo much fun to blog.

Stay tuned - -

IN the meantime, you can go to the blog, right hand column in the search box, try typing in Quartzsite. See what pops up. You are looking for 2011 Q Rally.
Old 12-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #5
Mel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10238
I would love to be a Quartsite when OZ is so he could explain to me how to do all the great things he does I haven't figured out.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gkidsdlite

I think that would be a super idea, many folks would like to read about it. Many pictures of pepople and the events would be super too.
I am a 'Slacker' and won't be there for the event, except for 2 days Sue and I will be coming over to meet people.
Enjoy life as it comes, your retirement and the fun travels await you.
Ozz
Old 12-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Mel,
There are scores of folks here on the Forum that have made amazing Mod's to their home-away-from-home. You can go to the rally and visit their RV's and get ideas on what Mod's you can adapt to your Montana. I have many mods, but others do as well.
Some day our path's will cross and we can talk about what you want to do and I will try and help.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #7
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I think this is a great idea and would enjoy hearing about Quartzite!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #8
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
The best way to enjoy Quartzsite is to go to Quartzsite
Old 12-16-2012, 06:03 AM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
True, but For various reasons many can't make the trip, and stay, but would like to share the enjoyment from afar.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #10
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
I would love to read it.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
It seems if Ozz were there it would take a whole week just to review all the mods he's done. If he's not there, there are tons of others' rigs you can look at that would probably take a few Quartzite visits to cover.

I am kinda lazy but I hope some past Quartzite wagonmaster can post activities from the past. I recall reading of all kinds of things that members wandered off to do. Unfortunately, I'm at the age where if it's been longer than two weeks I won't remember it very well unless I actually did it.

C'mon, past attendees, please post what fun stuff you've done while you were there - besides fetch water, recharge batteries and call for the honey wagon. On the other hand this might be one of those "what happens at Quartzite stays at Quartzite" things so you have to go there to participate.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #12
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
A couple years ago at Quartzsite I was so busy my self winding watch ran down
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The only way to truely enjoy Quartzsite is to visit Quartzsite. But if you can't be there you can experience the adventure via the various blogs and posts from attendees. I don't know (and won't guess who might be the one(s) to recount this year's activities, trips, and events. Hopefully many of the attendees will step up to entertain you.

There have been recaps of previous gatherings provided. Mrs. CountryGuy blogs frequently and posted several articles when she attended in 2011. Go to http://www.reflectionsfromthefence.com/ scroll down until you find the "Search" box in the right pane, type in Quartzsite, hit Enter and voila, you will get 10+ articles about her visit.

Although it is getting a little (maybe a lot) dated, I made two postings from the 3rd Circling of the Montana's in 2008.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=26626
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=26726

Quartzsite may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you really need try it at least once. One member *RELUCTANTLY* agreed to come for two days ("we don't boondock!!" was their motto) and wound up spending two weeks. The next year they were there even longer. And they aren't an isolated example. You could be the next one - Come On Down!!!

Old 12-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #14
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Carl n Susan

The only way to truely enjoy Quartzsite is to visit Quartzsite. But if you can't be there you can experience the adventure via the various blogs and posts from attendees. I don't know (and won't guess who might be the one(s) to recount this year's activities, trips, and events. Hopefully many of the attendees will step up to entertain you.

There have been recaps of previous gatherings provided. Mrs. CountryGuy blogs frequently and posted several articles when she attended in 2011. Go to http://www.reflectionsfromthefence.com/ scroll down until you find the "Search" box in the right pane, type in Quartzsite, hit Enter and voila, you will get 10+ articles about her visit.

Although it is getting a little (maybe a lot) dated, I made two postings from the 3rd Circling of the Montana's in 2008.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=26626
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=26726

Quartzsite may not be everyone's cup of tea, but you really need try it at least once. One member *RELUCTANTLY* agreed to come for two days ("we don't boondock!!" was their motto) and wound up spending two weeks. The next year they were there even longer. And they aren't an isolated example. You could be the next one - Come On Down!!!

As others have done on here......X2.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Art-- You're in deep trouble if you're 56(according to your profile) and are having the "Old Timers Disease" and can't remember what happened two weeks ago! I suggest you join some of us that are OLDER and see what Q is all about! It's our first experience there and are looking forward to it!
Old 12-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #16
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
We are on our way to Quartzsite from NC now. We're currently in NM and will arrive in Q on the 15th. We have several stops before we get there. I run a blog and post just about every day we are on the road. Most posts usually have several pictures. You are certainly welcome to ride along. I have a spot on the blog where you can even receive new posts by email should you want to not have to check for posts.

The blog address is in my signature.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
I am sooooo jealous Gkerlin!!!! We don't even get to leave for Q until the 15th and we are coming from Montana in our Montana! I am wondering if we will be the only Montana at the Montana Rally with a Montana license plate???

I am sure we will enjoy whatever time we get to spend with everyone! We are really looking forward to it!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:33 PM   #18
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
A Montana from Montana...

I guess that's a Montana Squared.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BusyCarol

I am sooooo jealous Gkerlin!!!! We don't even get to leave for Q until the 15th and we are coming from Montana in our Montana! I am wondering if we will be the only Montana at the Montana Rally with a Montana license plate???

I am sure we will enjoy whatever time we get to spend with everyone! We are really looking forward to it!
Gary and Jennifer Kelly will be there and they are from Montana.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
YEAH! That is cool! Montana Squared and Doubled with others from montana being there!
Closed Thread