Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2011, 02:47 AM   #1
bill maietta
Established Member

M.O.C. #9955
shower skylight question

i have several cracks in our skylight. i temp sealed them with caulk but know that is only a temp fix. The question is; how do you measure for a replacement? Is it a two piece unit and if so do you only unscrew the outer piece and replace it? And lastly, where is a good place to order a new piece? Thanks in advance.

bill maietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #2
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
I had hail break one on a SOB that we had, they are 2 peice, outside and inside. If you take the trim off from the inside, you will see the screws that hold the inside up.

The outside peice is screwed down with Dicor covering the screw heads and flat ribbon caulk between the skylight and the rubber roof.

If you look on the roof, you can see where the Dicor covers the edges of the outside peice and should be able to see the screw heads covered too. Just measure the length & with of the edges.

Its a pain to get off, cause you have to use plastic putty knife and gently peel the Dicor off.

Any RV parts place should have them, or be able to order you one.

Mine came with Butyl caulk, don't use this as its not self leveling, get a tube of Dicor, it is self leveling.

There are LOTS OF SCREWS!!!! Take your time and be gentle on the roof. I replaced all the screws when I did mine.
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote